Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone's favorite TV show these days? Mine are constantly shifting... I guess if Cowboy Bebop was on tv it would be my favorite

·
Registered
78 Posts
I haven't watched TV in years. I get so much done now.
I used to watch those decorating and remodeling shows, but they just made me dis-satisfied with what I had. I am more content with my home and furnishings now that I don't see all of the latest things I don't have. I also am out of reach of the many advertisers who want to entise me to buy, buy buy!
Freedom is great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get alot more done around the house too when I am not entraced by the boob tube. My favorite shows are changing alot too but Grey's Anatomy and Weeds have remained in my fave section for a while now. I love the fast paced drama!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Intervention is probably one of the best shows I have seen to date. Very sad and tear jerking, I will admit but great, real life stuff. You get to see regular people that are about to hit the rock bottom in their life and drg usage. There family does an intervention and they have the oppurtunity to get clean and turn their lives around. At first, the people featured on the show seem so crazy and far gone but throughout the show and their trials and tribulations, you see that their drug usage almost always a result of their environment. The show really lets you get a clear picture of how nasty addiction is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can agree that alot of times that tv can be an idiot box. Most definitly if you are tuning into MTV shows. But as well as being an idiot box, it can also be very helpful. There are a variety of learning shows on various networks. Aside from the shows where you might pick up an extra piece of helpful information, some shows can be very entertaining. One of my favorites for entertainment is Locked Up: Abroad. It is about getting busted drug smuggling or getting kidnapped somewhere over seas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am pretty addicted John and Kate plus 8. They are a family with a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. They are too cute and quite entertaining. The mother, Kate is what I like to call 'Super Mom'. She takes great care of her kiddos and even feeds them almost all organic foods. I know that can be super hard when you have 8 tiny tummies to feed. I respect and adore her. She is the one that let me in on my favorite little treat...organic marshmellow fluff! yuuum! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
My favorite show isn't on any more, firefly. It's sci-fi. If I watch TV which isn't much I like something that's different from everyday so movies like horror or science fiction and comedies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love Intervention too! Can't wait for the next season to begin, next week I think!

I also love Weeds. It comes on Showtime and it's about a young suburban widow selling marijuana to make ends meet. The show is in the 4th or 5th season now. She has been swept into the dangerous fast-paced world of drug dealing.

Those drug shows seem to entertain me!...

·
Registered
34 Posts
It varies, but I usually make an effort to watch the Outdoor Channel on Wednesday evenings for all the gun/shooting related shows on "Wednesday Night At The Range" day. I've also become addicted to Supernatural on the CW Thursday night. I watch Fox News and the local news/weather to see what's happening in the world, but the above are about the only programs I watch on a regular basis. I'll also become addicted to 24 when it's running new episodes, but that's about it.

OTOH, I do watch other shows and movies on the premium channels like HBO or Showtime since I VERY seldom go to the movies anymore (way too expensive these days with a wife and three kids to bring along), but it's based on the individual program/episode at the time and I'll watch some of my wife's favorite shows (Boston Legal, Dancing With The Stars, NCIS) if they look interesting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dancing with the stars is only entertaining when they have people on it such as Florence Henderson or Billy Ray Cyrus! LOL

·
Come And Get'em
29 Posts
Life - Damian Lewis was great in Band of Brothers and pretty funny in Life

Friends - Thursdays on TBS 4 Hours worth

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I am NOT going to be one of those smug people that says,"TV? oh, NEVER!"... I wish I could watch MORE TV! ^_^
of course if I did, I would have lesss time to feed my internet addiction... heh
Dirty Jobs (just to see if I've done worse)
Mythbusters (fastforward thru most of the interplay BS tho)
Ecopolis (don't agree with the 1 thing out of 4 approach, but... wth)
Cool Fuel (annoying that he gets lost EVERY episode, but otherwise cool)
Invention Nation (hate the main guys, but they goto cool places)
anime cartoons currently Bleach & Code Geas
Jeopardy (i SO need to be a contestant!)
the free On Demand stuff is kinda cool (lots of DIY stuff)
& of course... JERICHO (have to try to improve those #s
I have DVD of Jericho, Jeremiah, and Firefly
I almost never watch live TV, i prefer to DVR things & then watch them @ 3am

I almost never watch any news stations, i prefer to get my news from the AP feeds... as cold emotionless facts

1 - 20 of 35 Posts