Fall/Winter garden

Discussion in 'Gardening and Agriculture' started by Jimmy24, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Jimmy24

Jimmy24 Member

Pics are about 6 weeks old. Beans are running now. Already picked a mess of greens. Have brocille, cabbage, swiss chard and collards to set out yet. We are blessed with a long growing season here. Hope you enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jimmy

2. SageAdvicefarmgirl

SageAdvicefarmgirl Well-Known Member

Love it! I'm gonna have to get my camera and show pics of mine, too!

3. Ezmerelda

Ezmerelda Well-Known Member

Very nice! I'm stuck with just three 4'x4' beds, but hope to expand it next year. I'm limited to space, but with careful planning, I should be able to fit in about four more beds at 4'x4' and a couple of 2'x4' beds. I can't till and plant directly into the ground because the clay is too hard for the size tiller that will fit in the area, and a bigger tiller won't fit in the gate. :dunno:

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

4. SageAdvicefarmgirl

SageAdvicefarmgirl Well-Known Member

I planted an herb garden using 4 boxes made with 2 X 8 lumber Each box is 8 X 8 feet, they're in a square with a 2 foot walkpath, creating a Cross.

I hpe these pictures comeout, Before and After:

Attached Files:

5. Jimmy24

Jimmy24 Member

Love 'em!!! You really got it going on!!

I have 3 myself at home. Mine are 4x8 using 2x10s. You can raise a bunch of food in them. Practicing sq ft garden makes good sense when space is limited.

Jimmy

6. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

Nice gardens yall.Ours is coming along too.Already have greens coming up in our old raised beds garden.

7. partdeux

partdeux Senior Member

ours is wrapping up... hot pepper, green peppers, brussel sprouts, carrots, and parsnips are still growing. I'll pick the carrots around thanksgiving, and not sure about parsnips, they may get pulled next spring :)

8. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Yeah we're all done here too except for some potatoes and beets.

9. lhalfcent

lhalfcent Supporting Member

10. stayingthegame

stayingthegame Well-Known Member

how do you keep the back portion weeded (the one that looks like pole beans)?

11. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Love the pictures!!!

My garden is all but done, except for the cotton and some cool weather crops. The land (most of it) has been turned and winter wheat is down. (and starting to come up.)