Fall is a great money maker

Discussion in 'Money, Investing & Precious Metals' started by Daegnus, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Daegnus

Daegnus Active Member

Spent yesterday and today going door to door and raking leaves. Used the money I made to increase my water and ammo preps. On top of that I hauled all the leaves back and added them to my compost piles (several truckloads worth). Great way to spend my days off instead of sitting at the computer all day zoning out :D

Only one thing to keep in mind... I have to rake 3 lawns before I actually make money. The first lawn pays for the bags I need to bag the leaves up for the day. The second lawn pays for gas for driving around looking for unkempt yards. The third lawn yields profit.

Snow should be coming soon, then it will be time to go find lazy people who don't want to shovel their walks or driveways :2thumb:

2. longtime

longtime Well-Known Member

I am to old and lazy to do that, but I like people that do.
    Good job!

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Wow, that's cool, daegnus! I drool over the leaves you got! We have mostly pine trees up here. I have hauled maple leaves from town and spead them on our garden. No one paid me to do it, though! You're resourceful!

We had about 1/2" of snow on the ground this morning but it melted this afternoon.

4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

We don't really like using those four letter words here on the board. Please watch your language. ;) :D

I have regular customers that I do snow removal for but I also put an ad on craigslist for those folks that wait till it's piling up on the ground and don't know what to do about it. :rolleyes:

5. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Evergreens...they're wonderful and you don't have to rake up leaves. Nice to look at in the winter too. So I sympathize, but it's great that someone is getting something out of the fall in other areas.

I don't even want to think about snow. We've been lucky the last few winters so we're probably going to get blasted this one, that's what they're saying.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  6. RoadRash

RoadRash Member

Re use the bags I dump out the bags saves from buying more!

7. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Eh? What's that, UncleJoe? I can't hear you...did you say you want us to send the snow your direction?

Well, yes, I guess we could, since we're getting more today, and I hate to be selfish and keep it all for us! :D

8. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

No, do NOT send any snow to UncleJoe!!!! If you send it by United States Postal Service it could end up at my house by mistake!!:D

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

It's okay, I shipped it Fed-ex!

:D

10. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Our leaves are mostly oak and maple. I am all for global warming, I want to harvest these trees and replace them with coconut palms, much easier to clean up.