Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It does not take a rocket scientist to read NICS numbers and yet two prominent news organization are reporting two opposing stories based on the same facts.

Fox News: "Gun sales remain near record levels in April"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/02/gun-sales-remain-near-record-levels-in-april.html

Washington Times: Gun background checks through the federal system have been down five straight months since Donald Trump's presidential election - breaking a streak of 19 straight months of increases during the Obama administration.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/2/gun-business-stabilizes-under-trump-presidency/

That is why I read so many different news sites and then only believe an article when confirmed in more that two sites. Even then it is taken with a grain of salt. It appears that the only profession more mistaken (lying) than politicians are the reporters. :eek:vract:

6 Posts
I really enjoy reading the posts here. Thanks for sharing that tmttactical.

I do not talk with many others outside of this forum. It feels so strange there's so much denial of truth and so much hate behind those untruths. It's probably exaggerated here in California. How come people don't know who owns the media!! The agendas seem so loud and clear.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I do not talk with many others outside of this forum. It feels so strange there's so much denial of truth and so much hate behind those untruths. It's probably exaggerated here in California. How come people don't know who owns the media!! The agendas seem so loud and clear.
If people are told it looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, then they think it is a duck. Web feet does not make it a duck. It is painful when the info you have been spoon fed turns out to not only be incorrect but deliberately deceitful. Many will strike out before admitting they are wrong.

This forum has a huge group of people with many varied opinions (mine included) and many talents. I love debating many of them because they are able to validate their views without all the drama. Yes rarely it does get testy but we also have great mods who bring it back under control.

Speak your mind, ask questions, challenge views - yours and others, and continue to learn and grow. Prepping is not just about storing food and other things, it is a journey of discovery about yourself, and the world. Enjoy the journey.

·
Watching the world self-destruct!
3,044 Posts
Who owns the media?

I really enjoy reading the posts here. Thanks for sharing that tmttactical. I do not talk with many others outside of this forum. It feels so strange there's so much denial of truth and so much hate behind those untruths. It's probably exaggerated here in California. How come people don't know who owns the media!! The agendas seem so loud and clear.
Who owns the media? SIX major corporations own 90% of the media, and their 232 Executives control what over 277,000,000 Americans read, hear, and see in all the various media markets. Read it and weep.....:coffee::coffee:

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6
Excerpt: "This infographic created by Jason at Frugal Dad shows that almost all media comes from the same six sources. That's consolidated from 50 companies back in 1983.
NOTE: This infographic is from last year and is missing some key transactions. GE does not own NBC (or Comcast or any media) anymore. So that 6th company is now Comcast. And Time Warner doesn't own AOL, so Huffington Post isn't affiliated with them.
But the fact that a few companies own everything demonstrates "the illusion of choice," Frugal Dad says. While some big sites, like Digg and Reddit aren't owned by any of the corporations, Time Warner owns news sites read by millions of Americans every year."

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts

Because it is easier to live in denial than to seek the truth.:wave:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Who owns the media? SIX major corporations own 90% of the media, and their 232 Executives control what over 277,000,000 Americans read, hear, and see in all the various media markets. Read it and weep.....:coffee::coffee:

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6
Excerpt: "This infographic created by Jason at Frugal Dad shows that almost all media comes from the same six sources. That's consolidated from 50 companies back in 1983.
NOTE: This infographic is from last year and is missing some key transactions. GE does not own NBC (or Comcast or any media) anymore. So that 6th company is now Comcast. And Time Warner doesn't own AOL, so Huffington Post isn't affiliated with them.
But the fact that a few companies own everything demonstrates "the illusion of choice," Frugal Dad says. While some big sites, like Digg and Reddit aren't owned by any of the corporations, Time Warner owns news sites read by millions of Americans every year."
Also most are partially owned by the Sauds. Some even have controlling interest.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The left wing and the right wing are both part of the same bird

·
3,044 Posts
The left wing and the right wing are both part of the same bird
Yeah....but they can sure tilt that bird in different directions!! :woohoo:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Who owns the media? That answer is obtainable. The big question is WHO OWNS THE FED?

·
3,044 Posts
Who owns the media? That answer is obtainable. The big question is WHO OWNS THE FED?
I take it you mean the Federal Reserve Banking system? Well, there's a short and long answer....I'll refer you to what is probably the most informative explanation....and recommend you read the entire thing.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/federal-reserve-bank-ownership/

Excerpt: (Short answer) "There are actually 12 different Federal Reserve Banks around the country, and they are owned by big private banks. But the banks don't necessarily run the show. Nationally, the Federal Reserve System is led by a Board of Governors whose seven members are appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate."

Excerpt: (Full answer, much longer than the following excerpt!) "The stockholders in the 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks are the privately owned banks that fall under the Federal Reserve System. These include all national banks (chartered by the federal government) and those state-chartered banks that wish to join and meet certain requirements. About 38 percent of the nation's more than 8,000 banks are members of the system, and thus own the Fed banks.

The concept of "ownership" needs some explaining here, however. The member banks must by law invest 3 percent of their capital as stock in the Reserve Banks, and they cannot sell or trade their stock or even use that stock as collateral to borrow money. They do receive dividends of 6 percent per year from the Reserve Banks and get to elect each Reserve Bank's board of directors.

The private banks also have a voice in regulating the nation's money supply and setting targets for short-term interest rates, but it's a minority voice. Those decisions are made by the Federal Open Market Committee, which has a dozen voting members, only five of whom come from the banks. The remaining seven, a voting majority, are the Fed's Board of Governors who, as mentioned, are appointed by the president."

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
There is not an answer there. I didn't see one owner mentioned. I'm pretty sure the Rothschilds are in there as well as others but I didn't see any names.

Attachments

·
3,044 Posts
There is not an answer there. I didn't see one owner mentioned. I'm pretty sure the Rothschilds are in there as well as others but I didn't see any names.
The "Fed" is owned by its Member Banks but controlled by the seven men appointed to be its Board of Governors by the President and confirmed by Congress. The Board is very, very, secretive regarding its actions. The "Member Banks" have only 5 members in the Federal Open Market Committee, the other 7 members are the Fed's Board of Governors.

·
3,044 Posts
The "Fed" is owned by its Member Banks but controlled by the seven men appointed to be its Board of Governors by the President and confirmed by Congress. The Board is very, very, secretive regarding its actions. The "Member Banks" have only 5 members in the Federal Open Market Committee, the other 7 members are the Fed's Board of Governors.
Forgot to list the names....sorry!!

https://www.google.com/search?clien...of+Governors&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Janet L. Yellen, Board of Governors, Chair.
William C. Dudley, New York, Vice Chairman.
Lael Brainard, Board of Governors.
Charles L. Evans, Chicago.
Stanley Fischer, Board of Governors.
Patrick Harker, Philadelphia.
Robert S. Kaplan, Dallas.
Neel Kashkari, Minneapolis.

·
3,044 Posts
Forgot to list the names....sorry!! I have no clue as to why they list 8 names instead of just 7....:scratch

https://www.google.com/search?clien...of+Governors&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Neel Kashkari, Minneapolis

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Forgot to list the names....sorry!! I have no clue as to why they list 8 names instead of just 7....:scratch

Neel Kashkari, Minneapolis
Those are simply employees. You can call them whatever you want. The actual owners names are not published. They own the banks that own the Federal Reserve and the Federal Government. Those who sneaked off in the dark of night to a small island off the coast of Georgia to create the monster that holds our nation as a financial hostage. I'm sure the names remain the same.

·
3,044 Posts
Those are simply employees. You can call them whatever you want. The actual owners names are not published. They own the banks that own the Federal Reserve and the Federal Government. Those who sneaked off in the dark of night to a small island off the coast of Georgia to create the monster that holds our nation as a financial hostage. I'm sure the names remain the same.
Doesn't matter "who" owns the BANKS.....IT'S WHO "OWNS" THOSE SEVEN BOARD MEMBERS THAT MATTERS, because they are the ones who "run the show!" You'd have to trace the backgrounds of those seven Board Members to see who they are "friends with," or have "business ties," with.

Being as the Rothschilds are the largest, most influential, bankers on the planet, I rather suspect they have their fingers in the pie somewhere!! George Soros comes to mind as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts