Fairness

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vertigo, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Just had to share this with all of you!

I wish I wrote this article, but life wasn't fair to me, let's blame my third grade teacher :D

here is the original link: Thomas Sowell: The Fallacy of "Fairness" | Washington Examiner

greetz,

V.

2. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

When I got to AA I was told life wasn't fair, it's what you do with it. Last year I was arrested for mowing a park in my city, now I am vice mayor.:D

3. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Arrested for mowing a park? Why if you dont mind me asking?

4. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Hahaha! That's a long story :) I'm sure Sailaway will tell it again :)

V.

5. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

6. DocWard

DocWard Well-Known Member

I don't believe I have ever read anything from Thomas Sowell that didn't have me nodding in agreement.

7. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

In the United States the only things our founding documents guarentee us is the right to Life, Liberty and the *PERSUIT* of happiness. It doesn't say we will get everything that makes us happy. Some people work harder and longer than others toward this end. ;)

8. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I think a lot of time Fair and entitled are used interchangeably. Nothing is fair. Ever.

9. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Well I'd say it would depend on what Sailaway was mowing...:D and I think that's fair.. I also think that one needs to define if Fair is ...fair, just as in defining what "IS" ...is

I'm confused and that's not fair. :surrender:

10. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Hola Sail, I just read about your clash with the "JBT's" good for you sir!! you just can't stop a man who knows he's right and keeps moving forward!...

I hope when push comes to shove in America more folks like you will take a stand!

Proud to know ( sorta ) you !

11. catsraven

catsraven Meoww