Evidence of the last days upon us

Discussion in 'Religion' started by watchman220, Apr 17, 2010.

1. watchman220

watchman220 ExCommunicated

I don't care if you are christian, muslim, jewish, or other...I find this interesting and I think you will as well...it can seem a bit weird now and then, but he always brings it back to a solid point.

I would listen to this if I were anybody. Evidence Of The Last Days Upon Us. Amazing News from Steve Quayle...interview on George Noory - Coast to Coast AM. Settle in for an amazing look at current events and how they align with biblical prophecy.

Evidence Of The Last Days Upon Us.

We are very close indeed to the Last Days. An exciting time to be alive if you are a Christian...could get rough for a bit fellas. Hang in there, like a hair in a biscuit.

watchman220

2. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

At what point do you stop and say hey, maybe I shouldn't believe in prophecies? This isn't exactly the dark ages you are living in. It's not like you need to go see the town witch and give her some coin to make your crops grow this season. I'm just saying.

I love how somebody always takes current events and tries to align it with some sort of prophecy. Of course, they are ALWAYS wrong. But it's fun, none the less. Usually, it's either one of two things. Nostradamus or the Bible. Sometimes its the "bible code" or the "Iching code" or some "psychic" claiming he got a vision or "insert lame plot device here". All of it is ********.

3. faithmarie

faithmarie mamoo

Thank you Watchman220
    I have two of the books he recommended Genesis 6 Giants and Just in case.

4. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

you can't be serious, I went to my town barber just today to get the evil drained out of me with some leeches and he said that the black crow he passed on the way into town was as sure a sign as any that the end times are certainly upon us

5. truthismyname33

truthismyname33 Member

Prophecy ALSO says: Having first of all the knowledge that in the last days there will be men who, ruled by their evil desires, will make sport of holy things, (2 Peter 3: 3) Bible in Basic English

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, (2 Peter 3: 3) King James Version

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires (2 Peter 3: 3) New International Version

First, you must understand this: In the last days people who follow their own desires will appear. These disrespectful people will ridicule [God's promise] God's Word Translation

I mean....pick ANY VERSION. It means what it means! But, first you must understand.....and what YOU don't seem to understand is: YOU ARE HELPING TO FULFILL PROPHECY, my friend. Whether you believe it, or not! We all have a job to do.....some, know theirs, and some, well................ WILL KNOW eventually. :)

6. watchman220

watchman220 ExCommunicated

True That! Thanks for this post. Keep up the good work friend!

7. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Allen and Kogneto: Why do you even bother reading this section? I've never seen a positive comment from either one of you regarding religion and you've both displayed a lot of animosity toward Christianity in general.

No one is saying you have to agree with the views posted here but why the need to be so negative all the time.

Regarding the comment that "...they [prophecies] are ALWAYS wrong...," you've made an absolute statement. Absolute statements are extremely difficult to prove. If you can prove that then please do so. If you can't prove it then it's just your opinion. If it's just your opinion then is it any more valid than those prophecies you ridicule?

The truth of the matter is that we all have faith in some basic way. It comes down to the question, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Everyone believes in an "uncaused, first cause." In other words, something had to come from nothing. That concept alone is beyond any scientific explanation.

Perhaps since you two are so enlightened that you can ridicule the faith of others you would be so kind as to clue the rest of us superstitionists into your greater truth?

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  8. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

actually msqumntman (man you really have a long name :p) this was back when this was posted in the General section. But you're right, what proof do we have that superstition isn't real?

But what proof do you have that superstition is real?

The burden of proof is not on us to prove you wrong but for you to prove yourselves right.

meteorites fall to earth, and God is sending a rain of fire (Psalm 11:6), take any natural disaster and you can "see" the hand of God in it. Especially when you (not you specifically but the generic) consider yourselves to be his chosen people, and all others gentiles or infidels.

There are hundreds, literally hundreds, over versions of the bible. Each interpretation is the interpretation of the author. Yes they may be translations of the original Greek or what have you, but do some research into Hermeneutics (study of ancient texts) and you'll see it's very difficult to "translate" a document written thousands, hundreds, or even decades of years ago.

The bible, while some believe is literal accounts of what happened (despite the fact that they had no formal system of accounting for history or science), may also have been written as a guideline and system of morals. This explanation makes the most sense to me (unless you really think we're made out of dirt). Yet even this explanation is holey (hehe puns) because if that's the case then every translation and every writer, from original to new translation, was written with the hopes that these morals would best apply to their world. Seriously, you think the King James Version can really account for todays technology? or any technology? Yet I've read youth versions that talk about xbox and cell phones. Sure the principle is nearly the same, no god's before me means don't worship your video games and internet connection. But what happens when we start becoming part of the technology.

When you spend 99% of your time using this technology is that worshiping? Should you only buy the church-approved head-jacks or will they be banned from the church because of their distracting nature? You could have sermons preached by the AI of Billy Graham, but would that be blasphemous to God's creation of intelligence?

I'm going to step out on a ledge here, because I know the general consensus is if it runs on electricity, when the SHTF you won't be able to use it. But I don't think that means to divorce yourself from your xbox, just realize it, like most things, won't always be around.

But you can't deny that technology is increasingly becoming our eyes, ears, and mouths. This dialog is proof of this. So what happens when we're all jacking in to the Matrix? You think it's not going to happen but the technology already exists to control the tech around you using only your mind, and information technology is about to explode in the next 2 decades. Most people don't remember phone numbers because they have a contacts list in their phone that takes care of it. But should we just stop using contact lists because they make our lives easier. We could write them all down on paper, like people did a decade ago, and my mom still does, but you now have the same thing as your phone, just huge and on paper (more impermanent than a CD)

I think I'm rambling now, but the point I'm trying to make is that while the bible may be a great source of morality I don't think taking it so literally is the reason it was written. Or if it was the reason then I can cite a number of ways the Church has used illiteracy, and general ignorance of the populace, to sway emotion, elect their politicians, and promote their own selfish goals. That was why they were so afraid of Gutenberg's printing press, Galileo's ideas, and anyone else trying to dethrone their power.

You can say, well that was x years ago, we don't have that today, but look at any touchy moral issue with science today and you'll see more often then not they come out on the side of bad science but "good" morality because that's what it says in the bible.

So when you say prophecy is coming true, you're also saying that this is the prophecy, and if it happens again, well that's just convenient. But when the Lord doesn't come back, and you keep seeing the same prophecies being fulfilled throughout the ages, can the really be called prophecies?

There was a lot of talk that the Romans were going to cause the end times, and then you track that down through any age in which their is oppression, hunger, natural disasters, and they all fall back to the end times.

I'm just saying don't get all panicky and start craning your ears for the trumpets to sound, it was probably some dude tripping on [ame="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=hallucinogens+in+the+bible"]hallucinogens[/ame].

I guess the point I'm trying to make, is religion was a great way to calm the population when you couldn't explain something yourself. But as we developed methods for testing truth and validity (not based on faith but observable, repeatable, and demonstrable events) we relied less on needing to turn to religious explanations. You may call that heresy and blasphemy and what have you but for Allen and I it just makes sense. If you require an invisible force to explain your life that's cool, but don't tell us we have to believe you. (course we both know we'll always try to show the other the error in their ways ;P)

(this isn't a bible fight, I have utmost respect and love for you all we can keep this civil I know it)

-------
    BLARGH ok I know this isn't really the point of the board and I'm really sorry, but you have to allow us leniency, msqutmntman was calling on allen and I to defend our position when this was posted under general. If we can't defend ourselves than that doesn't seem fair. I am happy leaving this where it is, despite comments after me, I said my peace and I'll never comment in un-religious ways in this section again, but let me at least say my side. :(

9. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

It is absolutely certain that we are closer to the end of time than ever before.

And I challenge anyone who doubts God to use their powers of observation and scientific method to really objectively look at this creation around us each day. You will conclude that God is not only real, but loves you. If you can't see it for yourself, ask Him to show you and He will. I know becuase I prayed "God, if you are real - show me." And he has answered my every prayer. God is real. He hears your prayer, and He is waiting for you.

10. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

:scratch Dude - gravity sucks ... eh?

On a serious note - lets just keep this section as friendly as possible. I don't need people finding ways to drive a wedge of distrust between them - I need people to find ways to build bridges over the wedges.

:thankyou:

11. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Hail to this no matter who god or gods are!

12. mosquitomountainman

I have nothing against rational discussion but I do believe sarcasm and making fun of other's beliefs is childish.

Religious beliefs cover a very wide spectrum. Even among Christianity there are differences in how the Bible is understood.

If you can say something is not true surely you can provide the proof why it isn't true. A statement was made that "they [prophecies] are ALWAYS wrong." Quite frankly it's an unsupportable statement as it covers past present and future and is unclear as to whether it is directed at Biblical prophecy, personal prophecy, or any number of other categories that could be called "prophecy." Now, if a person is prone to promulgating unsupportable statements they have little room to criticize others for a lack of logic. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

This board really isn't the place for serious religious debate. There are just too many directions to go. What would be nice is to be civil, drop the sarcasm and name calling and stick to rational debate.

I understand how many people rely upon science but any true scientist will tell you that every discovery just leads to more unanswered questions. And to state or even imply that science and faith are incompatible shows exreme prejudice. There are many believing scientist who simply recognize that neither science nor religion have the answers to everything. That doesn't mean that they throw either one out but that instead they put them in their proper place. Faith and superstition are not the same thing. Believe it or not there are valid reasons people believe and it's seldom the quip (Marx, Lenon?) that religion is a prop.

Finally, simply making a "religious post" isn't forcing someone to "believe" anymore than having a prayer said by a Muslim cleric at a public event means you must "believe" or become a Muslim.

There's room at my home for people of all different faiths or none at all (the same is true of political beliefs). The one rule that will be enforced though is that they will be treated with respect and respect others or the offender is gone. I can disagree with someone without sarcasm or name calling and I fully expect that any guest in my house do the same.

13. truthismyname33

truthismyname33 Member

"I have nothing against rational discussion but I do believe sarcasm and making fun of other's beliefs is childish". :congrat:

And this..............."Even among Christianity there are differences in how the Bible is understood".

Godspeed to you and yours.

14. Logic

Logic New Member

Then why does he want to destroy everything? What's god point? Love me or you'll pay? That's coercion, not love. How did he show you? Was it a physical manifestation?

15. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

Why do you think God wants to destroy everything? I do not believe that is the case. In fact, he has offered eternal life.

If God was about coercion He would not have created man with the capacity to turn away from Him. It is BECAUSE God gave us free will to make choices that the potential for evil exists in the world. God could have created robots who always obeyed Him, but instead gave us the ability to turn away from or ignore Him. Love is not real unless it is voluntary. God doesn't want robots, he wants us.

God has shown me that He is real in a multitude of ways including physical manifestations as answers to prayers. But I suspect that you are asking whether God appeared to me in bodily form and the answer to that is not yet.
    But I know that I will meet Him, for He has told us that everyone will.

16. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

If this world is not headed for the crapper, then i have missed something or a lot of folk are in denial, i think the later. To many thing's are coming together to fast. :scratch

17. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Ditto ditto ditto. The perfect storm.

18. Jeani

Jeani Member

You can just read the Bible as a 'history book' or as a 'real book',and see the prophecies being fulfilled...

Isaiah 9:6 Witten in 8th Century BC
    For unto as a Child is born,
    Unto us a Son is given;

Christ was borne
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2 Timothy 3:1~
    But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:

For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.

We're seeing this today all over the world
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James 5:1-6
    Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you!

Your riches are corrupted, and our garments are moth-eaten.

Your gold and silver are corroded,and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have HEAPED UP
    TREASURE IN THE LAST DAYS.

Indeed the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.

You have lived on the earth in pleasure and luxury; you have fattened your hearts as in a day of slaughter.

I'm seeing this today...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Israel would be hated...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One world order with the prophecy of the willful king in Daniel 11~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one will be able to 'buy or sell.'
    Seeing technology for this to be fulfilled with the one world government/willful king

Revelation 13:16~
    He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads.

And that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the names of the beast, or the number of his name...

19. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

I'm sorry Jeani but the prophecies you have posted were either self fulfilling (saying someone will lead the Jewish people out of oppression is an old standby, with abraham, gideon, other Jewish heroes etc.)

or they have been happening for centuries (people are selfish, mean, nasty, and have been for a lot longer than the written word has been around; Jewish people have been hated for thousands of years)

or they are just blatantly ridiculous. what technology would require only the use of the right hand and forehead?

"hey bob, lets make the buy and sell function only work if you use your forehead!"
    "oh I don't know bill, that sounds a little weird...we could give them an option of their right hand if they want."
    "well what about southpaws?"
    "MY FATHER WAS KILLED BY A SOUTHPAW!"

but i digress..

20. mosquitomountainman

I'm a bit short on time so can't give a full response but after reading your first paragraph and comparing it to the Scripture quoted by J. ... what are you talking about?

Second paragraph: If these things have been around for thousands of years how does that negate a prophecy that will also be true in the future?

Third paragraph: What would make the right hand/head mark dependant upon technology? To begin with, we don't even know precisely what the "mark" will be. If it's RFID of some type there very well could be a requirement to have it implanted in a particular part of the body. It hasn't happened yet so it would be premature to call it ridiculous.

Fourth paragraph: Now, that is ridiculous.