EPA To Crack Down On Dust

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by UncleJoe, Aug 3, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Of all the idiotic things to bring before congress. Don't these guys have anything better to do? :eek: :mad:

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is considering a crackdown on farm dust, so senators have signed a letter addressing their concerns on the possible regulations.

The letter dated July 23 to the EPA states, "If approved, would establish the most stringent and unparalleled regulation of dust in our nation's history." It further states, "We respect efforts for a clean and healthy environment, but not at the expense of common sense. These identified levels will be extremely burdensome for farmers and livestock producers to attain. Whether its livestock kicking up dust, soybeans being combined on a dry day in the fall, or driving a car down the gravel road, dust is a naturally occurring event."

Read the letter to EPA signed by 21 senators including Jim Inhofe and Tom Coburn

Many in the Oklahoma farming industry are opposed to the EPA's consideration. One farmer said the possible regulations are ridiculous.

"It's plain common sense, we don't want to do anything detrimental," said farmer Curtis Roberts. "If the dust is detrimental to us, it's going to be to everybody. We're not going to do anything to hurt ourselves or our farm."

Roberts, a fourth generation farmer and rancher in Arcadia, said regulating dust in rural areas will hurt farmers' harvest, cultivation and livelihood.

"Anytime you work ground, you're going to have dust. I don't know how they'll regulate it," Roberts said. "The regulations are going to put us down and keep us from doing things we need to be doing because of the EPA."

Oklahoma Farm Bureau President Mike Spradling said the rules could be detrimental to farmers across the Sooner State.

"We as an organization do not feel dust is a pollutant," Spradling said. "It would almost be impossible to comply with what's being addressed now from the EPA as in agriculture. We're doing everything we possibly can."

"It's just common sense, we don't like dust in the morning but it's something we got to live with," Roberts said.

EPA to Crack Down on Farm Dust - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Sigh...

Somedays I think it would be a good thing if the SHTF!

3. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Those arrogant, self-serving, power-hungry commie bastards in DC have to go. Think November at the polls -- if they are in they are out. And if we are lucky enough to accomplish that, we have to INSIST on term limits. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

4. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Lets leave the Washington Elites gasping and choking in the dust!! :)

5. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

When dust is outlawed, Only outlaws will have dust. :)

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

They can pry the dust from my cold dead fingers... :D

Down with the dust police!!!

7. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Hey its the dust police. Quick lets choke them with dust. lol I dont know what they are thinking..... oh wait.... they dont think Its not there job!!! :p

8. Littlebit

Littlebit Well-Known Member

:eek: Now the goverment wants to drive farmers out of business with new regs. :gaah: China must want are farmers to shut down so they can import more goods to us. Makes you wonder whos really in charge after all they hold our dept and Obama has no problem bowing to them. :mad:

9. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

See, all you have to do is pass a bill and our environment is cleaner. Lets encourage them to pass a bill that farts can't smell bad.

10. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Hey, if legislation will solve our problems, let's pass a law that outlaws lying politicians. POOF!!!!! Problem solved.

11. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Oh by the way my wife wants to know if she can apply for stimulus money for a house cleaner to deal with the dust.
    I guess it couldn't be any sillier than a million dollar grant studying ant behavior in foreign countries.

12. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

What will become of all the dust bunnies I am breeding at my house? I will have to go underground with my dust bunny farm.

13. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Yea many moons ago,when I was fool enough to be in a union,I was a stooge for those guys.

Now that I'm older and have the scars to show I was young,dumb and full of
    {insert vernacular for male reproductive juices and vinegar.}I can tell you all its a tree hugging scam.at our meetings we smoked pot,gossiped about who humped who's wife/G.F and oh yeah,we want more money.behold communism in its glory.

Obama love you yet?godz I hope not.

14. Attila

Attila Good Old Boy

Supposedly there are a number of new EPA regulations to be announced. It just gets weirder and weirder.

Hunter S. Thompson hit it right when he wrote, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro". That is as reasonable an explanation for career government hack bureaucrats as I've ever read.

15. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I'm amazed at how 545 people in Washington D.C. can make life so miserable for the other 300 and some odd million of us!:scratch

16. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

It's about time they start focusing on all this dust! Then they need to start issuing fines for birds for pooping on cars and write some strongly worded letters to the wind for blowing stuff around.

How do these dumb asses even have jobs? Were there already enough people to dig outhouses?

17. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Wow ... a time warp ... :teehee:

18. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

Beauty fades but stupid is timeless. :D

19. seanallen

seanallen Well-Known Member

This is what happens when there are too many ppl around and gvt gets top heavy. Sooner or later Americans will get fed up with this kind of bs and heads will roll and blood will flow...js

20. Bobbb

Bobbb Well-Known Member

They arrest Angels for the dust they leave laying around so why not birds?