EMP Shield

Discussion in 'Energy & Electricity' started by ZangLussuria, Jul 14, 2019.

1. ZangLussuria

ZangLussuria Well-Known Member

2. philevans

philevans Newbie

Does it work, how was it tested ?

3. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

It looks like just a regular transient voltage suppressor that connects into the main 240v line coming into the house. Most EMPs will come in through utility lines which act like antennas and I think some of the voltage spikes will get through and damage electronic equipment. Entry points could be 240v utility lines, telephone lines, solar array power lines, and radio/tv lines. I think the best bet is to not only protect incoming lines but also branch circuits and disconnect antennas when not used. Pics of some things I bought surplus and internet sales. IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG IMG_1361.JPG

4. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

Do you have your lifeboat ready? file photos 748.jpg

5. zimmy

zimmy WELL SEASONED

I'm three quarters of the way through my life start to finish, so I figured what the heck. VLC media player 7_30_2019 11_59_07 AM.png

6. frankd4

frankd4 AK4FU

An electronic magnetic pulse is a storm of electrons, carried by any conductive surface and punch through any silicon substrate.
    The pulse hit both sides of the device at the same time it will not save a dam thing, what are you going to do to return it after the fact?

7. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat Active Member

It's a good idea to add a transient power strip especially to sensitive electronics (e.g. computer, servers, radiation and magnetic monitoring equipment & etc.).
    EMP however is transmitted through the air so you need a device called a Faraday Cage around your important electronics. You can purchase EMP safe bags on the internet but you can make them a lot cheaper by simply purchasing heavy duty foil-coated Mylar bags. I found resealable ones in different sizes on eBay to store my cell phone, 2-way radios, Geiger counter & etc. For the big stuff you can use a metal garbage can with a tight fitting lid.
    JMHO