Emergency Water Purifier Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by jbillh, Mar 17, 2011.

1. jbillh

jbillh Citizen

Hi Folks,

For those who aren't following the water discussion I thought I'd post here as well.

I am a Berkey Water Purification Systems Dealer and have been told that all prices will be going up "significantly on April 1st and that we will no longer be able to give away free stuff with orders.

They make the rules...not me :(

Anyway, you can make your own system using a couple of buckets, a spigot and some purification elements, or there are nice water cooler types and stainless steel systems too.

Here is a link to the DIY info on my site:

Bulk Discounts on Water Purification Systems | Bulk Water Purifiers

I'd be glad to help you if needed. A water purifier is an essential part of being prepared so please get one even if you don't get it from me.

All the Best,

Bill
    (435) 792-4380
    [email protected]

2. jbillh

jbillh Citizen

Hi Folks,

I just got word they moved the price increase out to April 8th.

There is a little more time...if you care.

All the Best,

Bill

3. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

We have a Berkey..love it..and have seen the bucket creation before...so nice of you to display this for those on a budget..wish I'd used it but found the idea after the fact..

You're a good christian.:2thumb:

4. jbillh

jbillh Citizen

Thanks JayJay,

I take that as a high compliment.

All the Best to You and Yours,

Bill

5. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

jbillh:

Was thinking of doin this with the two 5 gallon buckets an two filters cause it would be mainly fer emergency use. Does it hurt the filters to use them an then let them set fer any length a time? Like I said, if we have a flood, it could get used fer a week er two an then set fer quite a spell before we need it again. Anything special that would need ta be done?

Thanks,
    Rev. Coot

6. Centraltn

Centraltn Well-Known Member

OMG! A man with a sense of HONOR! Thankyou Jbill

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  7. jbillh

jbillh Citizen

Hi Folks,

Thanks Centraltn, I'm guessing you must have watched my video :) Glad you liked it.

Hey Old Coot; yeah, if ya use em and then put em away fer a spell they say y'all oughtta put some chlorine in the next batch er two a water just as a safety percautin.

I'm practicin' my Hill Billy...hope you don't mind.

The truth is, the elements are "self-sterilizing" so they should be ok. We have used and let ours dry out a few times now and really don't see any difference. So far we have only used our larger systems for pretty darn clean city water though...I imagine if you are drinking out of a swamp you may want to really load-up on the chlorine for a bit.

It is important to prime them each time you start em up again. Instructions come in the box and there are a few good videos on YouTube about this also.

They are supposed to have a 50 year shelf-life, but I have to think that goes down once you start using them.

Take Good Care Folks!

Bill

8. Centraltn

Those lights run on common batteries? and if so- how long?

9. jbillh

jbillh Citizen

Hi Centraltn,

Sorry, I missed your post/question. :eek:

The batteries in the base of the "lighted" Berkey Light are permanent/mounted and are rechargeable.

There is a special adaptor battery pack that can use common AAA batteries or rechargeable batteries as an alternate power source, or you can just plug the base in at the wall outlet.

I hope that helps.

Take Good Care,

Bill

10. Centraltn

Thankyou so much Bill. Much appreciated.

11. jbillh

jbillh Citizen

You betcha.

Take Good Care,

Bill

12. Berta

Berta Member

spigots

Do you sell the spigots to make one of these? I own a Big Berkey, but would love to put something like this together with the buckets for my son.

13. jbillh

jbillh Citizen

Hi Berta,

Yeah, we sell the spigots, but they are readily available at your local Home Depot or sports stores etc.

This Christmas we're giving our extended family members "Bucket Purifiers." I think they are fantastic gifts!

Take Good Care,

Bill