Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident Disaster Expert
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preparedness Society is a great resource and I've been a member for about 2 years now. I wanted to offer my expertise to anyone who had Emergency/Disaster Planning related questions. I also can answer questions related with Disaster Response (ie. SAR, Emergency Medical, Disaster Psychology, NIMS...).

If I cant answer your question, I will refer them to my colleagues and get you an answer.

Ask Away!

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
:threadbump::threadbump::threadbump::threadbump:

·
Registered
162 Posts
for what it's worth, I worked in the chemical industry for 33 years, and had every kind of safety training you can think of. At one time, we all had to be Haz-Mat level one certified first responders. later , as we got older, we had to go to support level, as the first responder is tough on the body. I learned a lot, but mostly, it made me aware of what the emergency responders actions will be in a massive emergency. There is a method that they all follow. Good experience though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am interested in how survivalism and emergency management work together (see my blog post on this topic), in particular it seems like survivalism could offer a template for EM preparation for unlikely but high impact "SHTF" events (e.g. by thinking about how survival techniques apply to a community) and EM could offer survivalism a framework for realistic hazard analysis. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Josh (Disaster Reindeer),

I am more interested in the elements of emergency planning for a natural disaster. One of the elements of preparedness planning could be, for instance, pre-positioning supplies at strategic locations so that they are readily available when needed. I would like to know if there is something more critical when planning for emergency? What are the other potential elements that you usually focus one and why?

Thanks,
Mohana

1 - 6 of 6 Posts