Elitism at the Highest Level

Discussion in 'Politics' started by horseman09, Oct 15, 2010.

1. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

First Lady violates election law by electioneering inside a polling place.

DRUDGE: MICHELLE CAMPAIGNED INSIDE POLLING PLACE?

But a State Board Election Official says, "You kind of have to drop the standard for the first lady, right?" the official explained late Thursday. "I mean, she's pretty well liked and probably doesn't know what she's doing."

:mad::mad::mad::mad: Just how much anger can I express here?!

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

The part I liked the best...

-- a Harvard-educated lawyer -- may have simply been ignorant of the law and thus violated it unintentionally. :scratch

Laws are for the little people ... only.:(

3. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

Of course they are! How many senators or congressfolks do you hear about going to jail for insider trading or bouncing checks or DUI or anything for that matter! They ARE the inside, we are the ones who actually commit crimes, they just tell us what our crimes are.

4. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Would have been interesting to see the reaction of the press if Sarah Palin had done it.

"

I liked this line for an excuse:
    I mean, she's [M. O.] ... probably doesn't know what she's doing." Kind of like her husband?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  5. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Anybody with half a brain knows you can NOT do that inside of a polling place. If Illinois is anything like Maryland there are signs posted in front of every polling place stating that No Electioneering to be done within 100 ft. and the sign is the cut off point. Makes me furious!!!

6. thunderdan19

thunderdan19 Shoots to Thrill

I dunno. She's either dumb or dumb like a fox. I would imagine if she was outright saying "Vote for XYZ. Don't vote for ABC," she'd be clearly in violation. If she was just going on about keeping up the good fight for her hubby, I doubt any judge or jury would constitute that as an intentional violation. So I give her the benefit of the doubt. She's just dumb... :D

7. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

So hen if I accidentally brake the law it's OK, cause it was an accident? At least I can now cite precedence.