Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
wanna be prepared
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any earthshippers here? or earthship planning?
We plan to build an earthship because of the full self sustainability :2thumb:
LOOOve reynolds! brave and awesome:eek:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I haven't heard the term EarthShip previously, so, I had to look it up:

Earthship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It sounds like a good concept, but, my plans are slightly different where my OTG (Off The Grid) home will consist of a couple self-sufficient independent buildings above ground connected via underground storage / living bunkers (think of a gopher home - several openings to the world above, but, tunnels under ground).

BunkerBob has an amazing OTG home and is in the process of building his underground portion for self-sufficiency ..

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm building one out of tires in New Mexico. I am about 900 miles away so it will be done a little at a time. I currently have my hole dug... Mostly...

Stocking up on tires right now. Plans are still very rough drafted, but I am confident.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
SixGunsRattlesnake, I'd be interested in hearing updates on your progress. I like the concept, would definitely want help packing the dirt in, would like to have an indoor greenhouse along one exterior wall instead of tires, for a narrow patio living space with entry doors at both sides.
What type of ceiling/roof materials are you planning on using? Maybe a rain catch area as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts