Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Ha! You beat me to it! was just coming on here to let folks know that Wash. DC is on the news about the the tiny earthquake.. lol Mini SHTF!
The cali folks online are poking fun at them on one of the facebook pages.. lol

·
Old Member
116 Posts
How long did it last? Was it a strong one? What magnitude? Hope all is well.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Earth Shake :gaah:!

Southern Va.

shake...shake... shake

:scratch

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6.0. Epicenter between Charlottesville and Richmond. I'm south of C'ville.

House began to vibrate then shake as it increased in intensity. Water in fish aquarium began to slosh around. Dogs began to panic and move to the door. It lasted about 20 - 30 seconds. My son was down in the garage and I thought, what the hell is he doing down there? :D

Second one I've felt here.

Earthquakes occur here but are seldom felt by anyone. If those in Californica are making fun, they can KMA!

I'm one of few around here having earthquake insurance.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
6 -0 ;)

... it was a very big earthquake for our area.

Edit to add ... some cell service is down.

·
1,182 Posts
Everybody was talking about it on Facebook. I didn't feel anything. But I am way up on top of the mountain. I don't know if that has a lot to do with it. My mom called and said she felt the aftershock in Altoona, PA which is about twenty minutes from my house.

·
Rookie Prepper
4,106 Posts
I'm getting e-mails from people that are in places from Pittsburgh to Cincinnati. It was felt in those areas.

Mrs. Zoom moved the clothes washer recently. Well, when this thing happened, the washer was off-balance on spin cycle. I blamed any shaking on that.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
They say they felt it in Detroit and Chicago but here in the middle(roughly 12 miles from Ionia MI) we didn't feel anything.. The animals didn't get goofy like the last one that rolled thru here either... I have three cats and right before the last one in the early AM a few months ago all three cats (who pretty much hate one another) were on my bed, trying to sit on me. I felt the bed shake for about 5 or 6 second(more like a lifting/rolling sensation) and then all the cats licked me and left the bedroom..
The news right now is saying that most of the problems with the cell service is that everyone is trying to call at once.. Causing congestion on the lines.

·
1,734 Posts
I felt it near Detroit.

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
I felt it in Bel Air, MD. Husband felt it in Baltimore City, MD.

·
Supporting Member
752 Posts
some are saying this could be a foreshock. and some are indicating that the colorado quakes and east coast one may mean the new madrid is waking up?

·
446 Posts
Saw on the 'net where it was felt in Atlanta but I didn't notice anything. :dunno: Friend of mine said it centered in D.C. as a result of Obama dropping the ball (again) and will continue through 2012. :D
Seriously, I remember the 4.9 we had back in '03 at 5 in the morning. I woke up to a loud rumble that sounded like a train going by (tracks about 1/2 mi. from me) that turned into the house shaking with windows and dishes rattling. :confused: Had no idea what was going on until I turned on the news. From what I have read about it, Georgia (and surrounding states) is due for a BIG earthquake. :eek:
BTW, I hope and pray everyone close to this one came through it OK. :2thumb:

Tim

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.