Earthquake Handbook from Japan

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by CulexPipiens, Mar 13, 2011.

1. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

My wife found the attached file. Short, cute, geared toward the novice, but still is able to communicate a lot of good info.

Attached Files:

2. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Some good stuff in there. But I think the one thing I see needs changin already from this last dissaster in Japan be they say only 3 days worth a food an water. Got a feelin a months worth wouldn't be enough fer this disaster.

3. GXLancer

GXLancer Semper I

It would be very difficult IMO to prepare for something like this if you live on the coast. Looks like when TSHTF your house and everything in it is going out to sea. Better have a safe house up the mountain and a good mountain bike to get there. I doubt driving is going to be a good idea.

4. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Japan has been dealing with the aftermath of the earthquake now for four days and there is no end in sight (yet) for the people of Japan. I would suggest that three days worth of supplies is so minimal that there will be starving people by the end of the sixth day ..

5. backlash

backlash Well-Known Member

The only way to survive what happened in Japan is to not be there.
    I see no way to prep for what has happened.
    Having a years worth of food and water is worthless if it is all washed away along with your house.
    Even with a well stocked BOL they most likely would not be able to get to it.
    Entire towns are cut off and on their own.
    They had very little or no advanced warning and most were just lucky to live through the initial tsunami.
    Now they have to figure out how to keep living.