Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kid and I both have one. Any good home cures? I think the sweet oil about has it whipped but I'm always looking for new ideas incase it happens again.

·
Retired Army
320 Posts
Without addressing the underlying cause (infection, cold, inner ear or outer ear) to be specific, I will be general.

I use peroxide for inner ear complaints (when the knob is not painful). Have for 40 years, as needed.

Half a dropper full in the ear, let it bubble and then drain. Some find it dries out the skin and can cause dryness/itching. If so, discontinue.

NEVER EVER use Bacitracin in the ear. I understand it can dause deafness or other problems.

A $1 bottle of peroxide is a must in my medical kit.

Just my experience without any medical qualifications. Posted for your reference and study.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Peroxide is great, I use it in my ears also. You shouldn't use alcohal, as it will dry everything out, but I am not a doctor. I also get alot of wax build up in my ears durring the winter months, when I start scuba diving in the spring the pressure changes on my estacian tubes push all the wax out and my ears feel much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts