1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
You are right ... These might come in handy.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
be much better if you twisted the tape into cord.

Duct tape is not very good stuff at all. If it gets wet or cold, it's worthless, so it's an "indoor", thing, in good weather, basically. There are much better tapes, like fiberglass reinforced packing tape.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Well, OldCootBilly, your secret is out! Now we know that you are really Red Green, the master craftsman of everything duct tape! When the SHTF I'll be heading north to join you at the Possum Lodge. :D
So there is someone on here besides me that watches the Red Green show. Red is a riot, but Harold really cracks me up. The show is a total hoot.

DM

·
Banned
54 Posts
I'd have to say that your experience is quite limited then

I've seen the stuff do ok, once the sun baked it pretty good, but anyone can put it in the fridge, or wet it and see that it's very quickly ruined.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There not meant fer everday use, like in a emergency is what they be fer.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Duct tape is not very good stuff at all. If it gets wet or cold, it's worthless, so it's an "indoor", thing, in good weather, basically. There are much better tapes, like fiberglass reinforced packing tape.
Obviously, you've never seen Myth Busters. They built a sailboat out of duct tape that not only floated, it continued to sail for an extended period of time without failure. It all depends on how you use it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Reduced to You Tube...

So there is someone on here besides me that watches the Red Green show. Red is a riot, but Harold really cracks me up. The show is a total hoot.DM
D'ont have cable...too expensive! Got better things to spend my $$$ n! :eek: Started watching Red and the gang on the over the air PBS station Channel 36, WSBE, in RI. :D Unfortunately, due to budget restrictions, while continuing the cable transmissions, they pull the plug on over the air broadcasting from 11 pm to 7am. :( Guess what time Red comes on! :mad:

I get my my Red Green "fix" on You Tube now. :)

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
I've seen duct tape last for years and I've seen it turn to threads of crap over one winter. Depends on the tape and how it's used.

Hey Oldvet- keep your stick on the ice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts