Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headhunter submitted a new Article:

driving screws and lag screws wo electricity

Driving Screws and Lag Screws without Electricity

This sems sorta funny, but I just finished one survival book and in it the author recommended an electric drill with spare batteries. This seems normal, what about next week or a month rrom now?

My dad was apprenticed to a carpenter in te late ''30s ( the Great Depression Era) . Upon his return from WW II he went to work for a mining company as a carpenter and was at it for the next 35 years. He built our home doing not...
Read more about this article here...

·
Registered
130 Posts
My dad left me a few really old tools. One a hand drill and one a push drill and a push screw driver. Screwdriver works great with phillips head and the assorted torks that will fit. NOT so hot with slotted screws. If you do go drill/batterys get a good one w/ li ion batteries and a solar panel/ can charge direct as panels for 12 volt dc put out 19-22 volts , should have a small controller or use a battery charger use it with solar and use a invertor just big enough to run the batt charger. I even used a 20 foot cord and soldered an adaptor to the drill and a cig plug and and run it Drill) off of a 12 vdc outlet . Not top speed but it does work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts