Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Good ole country folk
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

Has anyone invested in driveway/property motion alarms? We have been discussing this for some time and are still doing research.

Would love to here what folks have purchased/installed and whether you like your system or not. Looking for some pros and cons.

We found this one that looks very interesting because we can use up to four sensors with different tones to give us additional security around the property.

Dakota Alert Wireless Security Equipment

·
Registered
532 Posts
We have them and have diabled them. They pick up every leaf the wind blows!! I think I will put one on my back deck stairs as I can block off the area between the sensors so they won't "see" leaves.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Howdy folks,

Has anyone invested in driveway/property motion alarms? We have been discussing this for some time and are still doing research.

Would love to here what folks have purchased/installed and whether you like your system or not. Looking for some pros and cons.

We found this one that looks very interesting because we can use up to four sensors with different tones to give us additional security around the property.

Dakota Alert Wireless Security Equipment
No--but I have wanted the sensors for our doors/windows for a while--thanks for reminding me to check into it.
A tornado alarm would be appreciated right now, too.:gaah:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great things

Hi,
I have a 52 acre farm and have used them at barn door entryways, driveways and other secret places :sssh: I purchased them in a Northern catalog. They are called "The Reporter". I think they're great. You can have different sounds for each door. I you have barking dogs, they will bark every time the peep goes off. This can be good or bad, depending how you look at it. If you use this type of system make sure that you cut the grass around the sensor so the grass doesn't set it off. I have had no problems with leaves blowing and setting them off. ALSO, I have used them in the woods near the house to alert me when deer and coyotes are around! Good luck and let me know how it goes!!

:D

·
Good ole country folk
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know folks that have several different models of these types of sensors. Some folks have disabled theirs because they are overly sensitive. Those are the ones we will avoid. If you have an overly sensitive one, please share the make/model.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have wanted to install motion alarms but, we live so close to the highway I fear the they would be going off constantly. Also we are the dumping ground for unwanted pets, this too would be a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts