Preparedsociety.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I will be making 4 or more ... :D

One daughter put in a order for one for the grandbaby and as I know my other daughter ... she will say, "You have three other grandbabies, you know".

So I will be digging into the leather basket in the next few days. Might even use some wool roving... this time.:idea:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I know what dream catchers are, but I don't know much about them. I know what they are made of is important and that they are made to catch bad dreams or give good dreams by how they are woven. how do you do yours and can anyone tell me more about them. I have a way to embroider them on to fabric and would love to learn more about them.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always had a love for the dream catcher ... As a teen I saved up to buy one the next time we went to Cherokee. Only to be heart broken when I saw the made in Taiwan tag, as I went to hang it.

So I found a book and made my own. ;)

Dream catchers were originally made by the Ojibwa (Chippewa) to protect their children from nightmares. Bad dreams were trapped in the web and burned away with the first light of the sun. You can make one for yourself or for a beloved child to ensure sweet dreams

I posted a link with how to and even a video ...

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Dreamcatcher

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts