Dr. Phil Episode

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Shultze 3, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Shultze 3

Shultze 3 Guest

I saw a commercial for Wednesday's Dr. Phil which is supposed to be about saving your marriage and working together while surviving this economic crash. Did anybody catch it? I am wondering if it was any good or if they had any helpful tips that you can share.

One of my own personal tips is to remember that you are a team and what has got you stressed out, most likely is your financial situation, and not your spouse.

2. Samoan

Samoan Guest

I caught most of it. There was a couple who was resulting in physical contact with each other when argueing about financial issues. Yeah, it was that bad for them! Seemed like a great down to earth couple who just needed to be worked with a bit. Hopefully they make it out ok. The other couple had only been married for 3 months and the wife was fed up with the husband's unconcern for money and budgeting. She should have known that was a problem and got it figured out before getting married to him. Because now look where they are.....on the Dr. Phil show!

3. Big B

Big B Well-Known Member

Samoan, you brought out a great point. Get to know one another "BEFORE" you marry.
    I am amazed at how many date and never talk about the Hard questions.
    My wife and I (married 16 years now) had a wild and amazing courtship and were married in a short time. She was in Law Enforcement and did a FBI background check on me. That didn't offend me, I thought it was a good move, as she just wanted to know if I had any 'hidden' problems..
    Smart lady, still nuts about her......:D

4. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Financial situations can be horrible on relationships but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and you have to keep focus. I think next year is going to be real rough for a lot of people.

5. Murrel-Maher

Murrel-Maher Guest

That is smart of her, Big B. If only we all had easier access to that kind of information!

In my opinion, you need to know EVERYTHING about a person and STILL love them if you are going to marry them. Marriage means, or is SUPPOSED to mean forever.

6. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

you're a much more understanding man than I am Big B...

if that happened to me, I wouold seriously reconsider who I was dating or look to see where the communication failure was. I would probably think that we weren't together long enough if she didn't realize that if I say something (about myself, what I will do or have done, etc etc, NOT that my word is absolute law & shall not be disobeyed :eek: ... just to clarify ;) ), then it is so; and in that regard, if we weren't together long enough for that moment of prescience, then we definitely weren't together long enough for her to be performing background checks on me.

my best friend recently ended a long-term (6 years), messy relationship; where he is still crazy about her, even after she did him dirty multiple times. She worked for an insurance company and did a digital 'rectal examination' of his life before they even went out!... that used to be a funny skit on either Kentucky Fried Movie OR Amazon Women On The Moon, I'm not sure which movie, but now it has become a sad sad much too often occurrence.

As for the misconception that "total honesty" is the best policy... WHY is it that whenever a man comes clean, instead of continuing to hide whatever infidelities (not just carnal) he has, the relationship either ends or turns cold?

Also, if I don't tell you something, it is NOT your dang business to go snooping around it, no matter WHO you are.

Enjoy your paranoia ladies... I think I'd rather have a dog.

7. Avarice

Avarice Guest

You are a funny man, Blob. I enjoyed reading this and especially got a kick out of the ending there!:D

8. The_Blob

lock your girlfriend & your dog in the trunk of your car for 4 hours & then open it, just which one is actually glad to see you? :D ;)

9. benJAMMIN

benJAMMIN Guest

Hmmm......I think they'd both be pretty peeved at me!! But you're right.

10. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

The dog would probably bite you. The woman would act nice until she got near a phone. Then it's a quick 911 call and you end up being the "woman" in pelican bay prison.

Where do you get your dating advice? Joe Pesci!?!

You're a funny guy...

11. The_Blob

funny how? do I AMUSE you? am I a CLOWN for your enjoyment?

funny(haha)? or funny(eeew)?

the difference:

funny(haha)= a nun with a flying habit

funny(eeew)= a nun with a $300 a day cocaine habit