Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know I have limited computer time right now. Our machine is in the shop and the shop owner went in for unexpected surgery right after we dropped it off. I'm using Becky's sons right now and since he lives on it I don't get online much at the moment.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Thanks for letting us know!

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Been there (well not just like but you know) and done that. :gaah:

Hope you (alright your PC) are up and running soon. :flower:

{smile}

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know I have limited computer time right now. Our machine is in the shop and the shop owner went in for unexpected surgery right after we dropped it off. I'm using Becky's sons right now and since he lives on it I don't get online much at the moment.
UncleJoe, you might have to start that 12 step program to help you ween off.:D

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Aughhhhh! I feel for you, UncleJoe!

We're heading back to Montana the end of next week, and much as I hate to leave this warm, sunny place, I'm looking forward to my 24/7 wifi right there in the house!

Hope you're back online full-time soon!

:D

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I just had a lightning strike travel through the cable line & blow ALL of my TVs (it also physically destroyed some of the co-axial cable and other hardware, so I had to replace all of that) on the 4th & didn't get service back until the 9th... the TVs EMP'd my computers when they grenaded.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I just had a lightning strike travel through the cable line & blow ALL of my TVs (it also physically destroyed some of the co-axial cable and other hardware, so I had to replace all of that) on the 4th & didn't get service back until the 9th... the TVs EMP'd my computers when they grenaded.
Hey Blob, had your wiring been protected before this happened, grounding, lighting traps etc., and did that protection fail. Let us know, it may help us plan for just that event. Have you changed or added any protection now.
Please don't take this wrong, I'm not criticizing your preps just curious. With all of my Ham gear, radios, antennas I'm worried about that and EMP or SPE events.:dunno:

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
I haven't had that particular problem yet. Even my surge protectors have surge protectors attached to them. ;)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still haven't heard anything about our machine. :( Grabbed the puter for a couple minutes while DS ran down the road to get feed.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Was there a lightening suppressor in the cable line ?? I doubt if they would have helped, but curious

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Still haven't heard anything about our machine. :( Grabbed the puter for a couple minutes while DS ran down the road to get feed.
This thread made me question how much the lack of electronics would effect the sheeple, when it is a strain on preppers

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,686 Posts
Buy a "junker"that can surf.I did,makes life easier and only cost me 75$

See you when you get on line again. :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went out and bought another machine today. Not quite a "junker" but a no-frills unit to get us back online. Just in time too. I was starting to think about horsemans idea of the 12 step program. :D

Forgot to mention; I see a few new stories. Got a little catchin' up to do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts