Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some dough enhancer and was wondering if anyone here uses it for their breads. If so, how do you store yours? On the shelf in a jar,or in the fridge in a jar?

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
I do use it sometimes (usually if I am making hamburger rolls). I store mine in a jar in the fridge.

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm given to understand that a dish of water in the oven when the bread is baking will help make a soft crust. Dough enhancer helps with the crumb and texture. Also helps homemade bread "keep" a little longer from what I've heard, thats why I'm trying it. Theres only two of us here and sometimes bread turns a lovely shade of green on us.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm given to understand that a dish of water in the oven when the bread is baking will help make a soft crust. Dough enhancer helps with the crumb and texture. Also helps homemade bread "keep" a little longer from what I've heard, thats why I'm trying it. Theres only two of us here and sometimes bread turns a lovely shade of green on us.
Yep ... the compost pile LOVES my bread (so do the birds) ... I finally found a basic recipe that only makes up two loaves or a loaf and a pan of rolls ... If you want I will post it up after I get done with chores. Will be this evening sometime ...

I actually have some sourdough proofing now. I'll try a bowl of water as opposed to just a little bit this time. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts