Dogs are barking ...

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by *Andi, May 31, 2011.

1. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

The dogs are barking tonight ... I hate when they bark and I can't see/hear want they do ...

We had a fox working to get in the hen house ... but put a stop to that. ;) Saw a few deer working thier way to the garden ... but again "Roxy" put a stop to that ...

The dogs down the road are giving it their all ... which in turn my dogs think they must answer. :gaah:

Do you ever get the feeling it is going to be one of those nights! lol

Spot light is charged and waiting ... along with my gun ... just waiting ...

I can just feel it ... one of those nights ...

2. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

Ive had the feeling before. Sometimes nights like those help you get your defences in order. Its the reason I have a knife in the vase by the door and a peephole now.

3. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

Oh Lord ... I thought your feet were hurting! :p

My grandpa used to say all the time that his "dogs were barking" ... He was talking about his feet hurting at the end of the day and wanted his grandkids to "pet" (rub) them for him ... that was his hint that we needed to get to work! :D I sure miss that old coot!

4. kejmack

kejmack Texas!!!

Funny! I thought the same thing. My dad used to say that when his feet were tired.

My dogs bark if anyone comes down the road. We live on a dead end so it is handy.

5. Centraltn

Centraltn Well-Known Member

Andi, I have 4 dogs so yes- I have ALOT of nights like that.

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I thought you were expecting company! I've heard the expression used for that!

Hope it all settles down so you can get some sleep tonight.

7. Herbalpagan

Herbalpagan Well-Known Member

my dogs bark when they smell some animal around the house...sually a bear up here. They also chase the owls that follow the bear. gotta love that they alert you, but it can be creepy when I'm here alone!

8. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Wow ... never knew there was so many expressions for "the dogs are barking" lol

It has been a strange few night with the outdoor ;) dogs ... The deer have been on the move ... (in the heat of the day) which is odd. So something is going on ...

Just not sure 'what yet' ...