Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Zookeeper
150 Posts
This might be a strange way to start a post but do you know anything about dalmatians?
I knew someone who had one and besides being deaf from inbreeding for the spots, the dog had severe digestive problems. The solution for that was all the dog ate was rice, sometimes with peas in it for a treat. And the dog thrived on it.

Other people have listed storing dog food and being worried about having enough put by, well stretching it with rice would make it last a long time. If you're worried about feeding fido then buying an extra couple of bags of rice would be a cheap fix.

Just an idea.
The more I think about this the better it sounds. I used to feed my dogs a rice & bean diet from this book: Amazon.com: Dr. Pitcairn's New Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs and Cats (9781579549732): Richard H. Pitcairn…

I have been thinking of two other advantages of rice/beans for fido, especially in my situation: I have 2 older dogs on a raw meat diet. So we don't use commercial dog food.
  1. Can store a smaller amount of dogfood and stretch it out, good for us because we don't use much dogfood.
  2. Heaven forbid something happen to my dogs (11yo & 10yo), I'd rather have extra rice/beans than extra dogfood.

So I just wanted to say thanks to the OP for a good idea.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.