Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Digital Timer With Photogates. I recently acquired it from my local high school science department. I have tried researching it online but to no avail.

Pacific Science Supplies, Inc 1998
Model P64311
It's lacking in details.

The digital timer with photgates is designed to be used with air tracks, free fall aparatus and other equipment to record counts, time intervals, periods of oscillation, velocities, acceleration, eitc in physic experiments.

It came with the Digital Timer (a big heavy box that looks expensive) and two photogates. I have hooked it up and it works. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me more about it and what I should do with it. Wouldn't mind knowing what its worth.

·
Adventurer at large
541 Posts
Write to PSS, Inc. They can likely provide the details, and a manual.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
From your description it is for measuring velocity of objects between the photo gates, the time interval from when said object breaks the beam of gate 1 to the time it breaks the beam on gate 2 , if the photo gates can be moved or more added it could be used for a security device I think :2thumb:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried getting information on this a while back from PSS, but they had changed companies (bought out) and didnt know anything about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Digital Time

Somebody just dropped a box containing the drop apparatus that goes with your digital timer. It is used to measure acceleration due to the force of gravity. I am a science teacher for a middle school, in Florida. We are unable to sell school equipment so the next logical question would be if you could consider selling your timer? It would make a great resource for my physical science class. Thanks.

I have a Digital Timer With Photogates. I recently acquired it from my local high school science department. I have tried researching it online but to no avail.

Pacific Science Supplies, Inc 1998
Model P64311
It's lacking in details.

The digital timer with photgates is designed to be used with air tracks, free fall aparatus and other equipment to record counts, time intervals, periods of oscillation, velocities, acceleration, eitc in physic experiments.

It came with the Digital Timer (a big heavy box that looks expensive) and two photogates. I have hooked it up and it works. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me more about it and what I should do with it. Wouldn't mind knowing what its worth.

·
985 Posts
We used one in physics to experimentally measure acceleration due to gravity.

·
Registered
576 Posts
in my science / chemistry class we made pop skull whiskey
and drank it.
No still required no grain alcohol (no cheating)

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts

·
Woodchuck
3,347 Posts
That is why I had to ask. FREEZING a 'wine' is not popskull, it is Jack. Nothing like whiskey/brandy. You CAN make some fiiiiiiine Jack.

Popskull to me is what morons make to sell, and even dumber individuals pay for to drink. It *IS* distilled though. Using galvanized or plain steel barrels to ferment and galvo, steel or aluminum to run in with lead soldered things to condense. Never drank any but seen some. One touch with your nose and you'll go 'No thank you'. One shake of the jar and even with beading oil added, you KNOW it isn't for drinking, it is for selling. It is nasty, it IS poison. If some "chemistry class" professor or teacher made some for anyone, there should be a short rope on a tall branch in his immediate future. But first, give him a dose of REAL Popskull and make him suffer for 12 hours first.

EDIT: Forgot to add! These unethical bastages will run HOT and FAST to get it done quick. Low and slow, is what you want to sip on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts