Dodgeball and the decline of America

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Sentry18, Oct 19, 2013.

1. RevWC

RevWC The Future?

Whats wrong with Skinny Jeans?

Attached Files:

2. FatTire

FatTire Member

Out of curiosity, what was the book? I wonder if we will agree that it promotes pedophilia...

and did the shirt just have a cross on it (harmless), or did it espouse some fringe rhetoric about god hates x?

You seem like a good dude, but some christians can be in the same whacky ballpark as some muslims. Not trying to pick a fight, just trying to understand you better.

3. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

I will have to look up the book and get back to you. It was an Orwellian style book that discussed ownership of women and children, male dominated sex with anyone they chose (of any age) and it was very condemning of Christianity. My issue was not the book as much as it was when my daughter asked for a less-offensive alternative and was told "No, you need to be more tolerant. Christianity is not an excuse to be closed minded". After a few meetings her principal stepped in and TOLD the teacher that he WOULD provide a list of alternative books to choose from. After it became public knowledge that she was given an alternative book, 26 of the 35 students in her class asked for an alternative book. The teacher's contract was not renewed at the end of the year.

The t-shirt was a red shirt with a white cross on the front and said "LIFEGUARD - Mine walks on water". Google it for a picture. A student who is an atheist threatened to sue the school over it so they told my daughter that she had to take it off (it was the 20th or so time she had worn it to school). Her Momma went in and essentially told them if she was forced to remove the shirt she would "tirelessly make the school the sole focus of her being" until her daughter's right to express her Christian identity was ensured and protected. My wife can be surprisingly confrontational (read as: scary) when protecting her young. The same day the young atheist girl was wearing a shirt that said "You're DARWIN or You're DUMB". The school backed down quickly.

I don't care if a muslim student wears a burka and I don't care if that atheist girls wants to wear her Darwin shirt. I do care when an organization is so concerned with political correctness that they will tread on the rights and freedoms of my children to (allegedly) protect the rights and freedom of someone else.

4. biobacon

biobacon Track Layer

And that's the rub aint it? People like us don't want to tell other people how to live because we don't want people to tell us how to live. They just don't get that. In high school I was the kid putting up the Darwin fishes. But I remember clearly griping at a student who like the teachers music he was listening to until she found out it was by a Christian. I couldn't stand that then and cant stand it now. Like that gay couple taking the flower shop to court because the owners a Christian and will not support gay weddings and was well known that she didn't. That's stupid. They could have and should have taken there money down the street. Like a Jewish person complaining that pork may have touched her food when she eats at a McDonalds. A Peta person protesting at an outdoors store or even a Christian protesting at a gay rights march. This story sums it up for me. One of General Lees generals had told him that he wished the yankies were all just dead, Lee responded by saying that he wished that they were all at home tending to their own affairs.

5. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Is this the one?

Attached Files:

6. biobacon

biobacon Track Layer

I think it was this one

I mean the shirt the other kid was wearing LoL

Attached Files:

7. Sentry18

Pretty much. Everyone of my kids have multiple Christian themed t-shirts and none of them target or disparage any other belief system. Most are spoofs on other common t-shirts. Like my oldest boy has a Called To Duty shirt that looks just like a Call of Duty (video game) shirt.

8. Caribou

Caribou Time Traveler

Here is a sport that the local schools compete in.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onyHnECA5k8[/ame]

9. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Just saw something in the similars ... amazing sounds!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnPh3GGykaI[/ame]

10. FatTire

FatTire Member

Ok I certainly wouldnt agree to banning that tee... but I hope I hope you can forgive me laughing at the silliness of it...

Some of my fellow atheists go way too far and become very intolerant of christianity. These same people will defend islam. Its frustrating. But having said that, c'mon man, walking on water, virgin births, ressurection, talking flaming plant life... religion is mostly pretty silly stuff.

Still, if thats how you wanna live, I say have at it, you can chuckle that my soul will burn forever n ill chuckle at the simple mindedness of such a notion, and hopefully someday we can have a couple coke zeros n agree that britney spears is symbolic of everything thats wrong with music :)

11. Sentry18

"Science" is pretty silly too. A magical explosion in the vast expansive of nothingness created Miley Cyrus, bacon and lubrication jelly? And God is implausible? But I will agree about Britney. She is simply awful.

12. FatTire

FatTire Member

It gets even sillier than that, it could be that the reality we experience is just one of an infinite number of realities, in which an infinite number of posibilities exist, and it just keeps going on forever! its freakin crazy!

I dont know what happens when you die, i think anyone who says they do is dishonest and is trying to sell something. But if i was to start building a boat and i told you that its gonna hold two of every living thing, youd think i was a silly person. the math there just doesnt hold up. Science does not have all the answers, but the math is getting better, and it holds up all the way to the very edge..

I say this with all due respect, i dont think im going to change your faith any more than you will be able to change mine, and i wouldnt want to. My goal in asking questions is always just to understand the christian mindset better. And your right, some of the new math theory isnt any less nutts than an omnipresent omnipotent father figure.

13. Caribou

Caribou Time Traveler

Why must these two theories be at odds. What if, God created the heavens and the earth, with a big bang. The smartest man I ever knew was a scientist that believed in God.

I believe in God and I believe in science. I have a problem with a religion that believes that their way is the only correct way. I include in that the religion called Science.

14. LincTex

LincTex Jack of all trades?

You just described my brother to a T!

15. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

Good post except for one thing, your not making a monkey out of me.:D. I do agree about the drugging of America,both kids and adults.

16. Meerkat

Need more parents on watch in schools ,that's what happened to this nation, is we gave the fruits and nuts full control of our kids in schools and universities.

17. Meerkat

Any place the protected bunch is in power its the same thing. You can pretty much add most major cities to that list, why I left what was once one of the most'imo'the most beautiful city in the south, Atlanta. Miami was also our most beautiful tropical paradise, they destroyed it too in less than 2 generations.

And don't forget the motor city and home of Motown its gone to muslim rule now.

All because we didn't speak up and watch our kids. My grandkids are now all out of school,but my great grands are now enrolling and its a shame what those kids are learning.

We need more minority's to realize what they are doing to themselves by 'sticking together' and then learn what whites are doing by dividing so radically. Good thing is more black Americans, not African americans but real black Americans are waking up but too little too late,imo. And the new immigrants, forget it on the most part.

18. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

Bump: dodgeball sucks.

Yep, I just trolled this thread. :sssh:

Really, I absolutely hated dodgeball as a kid. We had to play with boys, if it would have been just us girls playing, no problem.

Ever. Freaking. Friday.

I learned defense mechinism, that's for sure.

Hated it.

19. Grimm

Grimm There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.

So, Sentry...

What happened with this?

20. Sentry18

I went in Tuesday with my oldest boy. I was off work and not in uniform (which I don't wear very often anymore anyway). I walked into the room and there were approx. 6 people present, one of whom was the school resource officer (apparently he sits in when the staff are feeling uneasy). He got up and said "Hello Sir, I did not realize this meeting was with you. Did you want me to stay or go". I told him that he should do whatever he was supposed to do. He doesn't work for me, he works for the municipality. This made a few people in the group look at each other like "Who is this guy?". Anyway I sat down and said "Go ahead and explain yourself". They sat there quietly looking at each other for several seconds when I repeated myself "I want an explanation as to why there was a policy change.". The vice-principal said something indicating that they expected me to come in and express my concerns. I told them that would have been nice for them, but we were going to begin with an explanation of why a long standing "sport" was changed in the furtherance of making our children weaker and reducing character building opportunities. After some more silence the Coach explained that he received so many complaints they felt compelled to make the changes. I asked if they were receiving a large volume of complaints from a few people or a large volume of complaints from a large number of people. No one answered and we sat in silence again. Eventually the Coach said "It's a few people who complain A LOT, like every single day". Which earned him a stern look from the vice-principal. In the end I told them that if what it took to change policy was a large volume of concerned parents contacting the school on a daily basis that I would be more than willing to lead the charge. I then added that we did not need to teach our children that was it okay to allow a very vocal minority to overrule common sense in the interest of placation. I told them I thought it was reasonable to allow children who are not up to a certain activity to engage in an optional activity (with parental permission) if they so choose but it was not reasonable to punish my children because of the same scenario. Then there was a lot of political correct blah blah blah from the counselor and vice-principal along the lines of 'can't we all get along' and 'think of the children'. I told them that I am glad they all went to college and paid close attention when their professors were telling them what to think, but what works at the University of Feel Good PC does not always work in the real world. The counselor then asked if perhaps my son should go wait in the hallway. I responded with "Absolutely not, unless you plan on cursing or disrobing he is fine right here". As this was going nowhere I told them that this group apparently did not have the authority to make any changes so I looked forward to our next meeting. The vice-principal looked at me curious and said "Next meeting?". And I told him that I would be bringing as many supportive parents as I could to the next school board meeting so we could discuss this topic and question the effectiveness of the schools administration. I then looked at the coach and said "How many parents are complaining on a daily basis?". He said "About 3". I looked back the vice-principal and said "I am pretty sure I can beat that by a large margin". I thanked them for their time and we left.

Yesterday I got a call from the Superintendent who wants to meet with me next week (the day before the school board meeting). Apparently it is going to be just the two of us and he wants to "try and reach a compromise". So we'll see how that meeting goes.