Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search here on the board and it came up empty for this site, so I wanted to let everyone know about it. It's just packed full of information on everything from the flu to all kinds of info for prepping. It has links and documents for downloading.

Drum-Runners.com

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I'll have to take a peak at that after work - maybe during the last few minutes of my relaxation-time before I hit the sack for the night.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
WOW! It's going to take me weeks to go through all that information.

:2thumb: :thankyou:

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
That one made my bookmark list. Thank you so much for sharing that site.

·
Greenhorn
96 Posts
I take it that site doesn't know about THIS site either :p

Bookmarked. Man I have to find some time to do a LOT of reading.... :eek:

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL I know what ya mean! When I want to know about a topic I check there first LOL I could let Drumrunner know about here if the PTB wouldn't mind? I know he's a member on another forum I go to.

·
Drumrunner
87 Posts
Drum-Runners.com

Howdy y'all. For those of you who managed to find my website Drum-Runners.com I wanted to say welcome. I put it online as a simple 'library', no graphics, required registration or sales of any kind, just information.

My goal was and is still quite simple, to help people prepare for a disaster (pandemic flu qualifies, in my opinion, as a disaster) if they are so inclined.

An important notice is way down towards the bottom of the page about using the materials on my site, to be concise, use the information any way you may choose, print it, distribute it, create a CD or put it in a manual.

Drumrunner

BTW, I added this website link to my page

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I'm pretty certain this site has been mentioned before (I already had it bookmarked) ... but it's still a great site full of information

:congrat: drum

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Howdy y'all. For those of you who managed to find my website Drum-Runners.com I wanted to say welcome. I put it online as a simple 'library', no graphics, required registration or sales of any kind, just information.

My goal was and is still quite simple, to help people prepare for a disaster (pandemic flu qualifies, in my opinion, as a disaster) if they are so inclined.

An important notice is way down towards the bottom of the page about using the materials on my site, to be concise, use the information any way you may choose, print it, distribute it, create a CD or put it in a manual.

Drumrunner

BTW, I added this website link to my page
Thanks for adding us to your site! Go ahead and put a link to your site in your signature here to remind all of us to pop-in to read-n-such.

I think I might just have to buy a CD-burner for my computer now (or would a DVD-burner be a better choice?). My laptop has no "internal accessories" - all external if I so choose to purchase them.

·
Drumrunner
87 Posts
Thanks for adding us to your site! Go ahead and put a link to your site in your signature here to remind all of us to pop-in to read-n-such.

I think I might just have to buy a CD-burner for my computer now (or would a DVD-burner be a better choice?). My laptop has no "internal accessories" - all external if I so choose to purchase them.
This may be useful for rain water harvesting
http://www.drum-runners.com/Water - Rainwater Harvesting.pdf

·
Registered
510 Posts

i think a damn good printer and LOTS of paper would be a better thing to consider.......i've probably have printed 100' of thousands of pages from all the info i can find just to make sure that i have a "hard copy" of the info in case there just ain't enough power to waste on staring at the ol' pc screen.....:beercheer:

·
Drumrunner
87 Posts
Happy New Year to all

i think a damn good printer and LOTS of paper would be a better thing to consider.......i've probably have printed 100' of thousands of pages from all the info i can find just to make sure that i have a "hard copy" of the info in case there just ain't enough power to waste on staring at the ol' pc screen.....:beercheer:
I added a few links to other 'libraries' to my site a couple of days ago that may be worthwhile looking at, mostly for weapons owners manuals and Army Field manuals. Have a safe year, y'all!

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Thanks, Drum. I check out your site now and again. I like the simple layout and the information is really worthwhile to check out.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Wow, yeah! Great site and very informative!

Unfortunately, in trying to follow the Maryland links, it only confirmed what I already knew . . . Not many folks in my state that don't have their heads up their own asses.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just went to this site,:2thumb: Great site. Thanks for the heads up here

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thanks i had it bookmarked a while back and lost it, :rolleyes: ok i,am getting old and forgot about it. Lost all my info and got back what i could remember and no i don't back up anything. If it gos it gos, :nuts: Never said i was the sharpest tool in the shed. :D

·
Drumrunner
87 Posts
Closing Shop

For those individuals who have not recently visited my preparedness website and who have not seen the closure notification posted there, please be advised that Drum-runners.com will be taken off-line permanently on May 01, 2010.

I know that thousands of people have benefited from the free information that is available and it saddens me a bit to have to close up shop, but the current economics of maintaining the website dictates that my site be ended. However for the time being, until May 01 2010, all documentation is available for downloading. Please take what you want for your preparedness planning.

On a more personal level, the bad US economic climate has finally put my 'bread and butter' day job in jeopardy, and this is yet another reason I must close shop and pursue other employment options on a full time basis in the VERY near future.

Y'all take care and utilize the remaining time to prepare for 'Hard Times'.

Drumrunner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts