Do the eggs right, or die?!

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by NaeKid, Sep 13, 2010.

1. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I don't know what to say about this!!! A shotgun used to kill six people because the eggs were not cooked to perfection!?!?

Six dead after argument over eggs | World | News | Calgary Sun

Now, with reading that, it makes me think that building a better protection-system around our homes will be required to keep the crazies away.

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

That's not far from where we used to live. When we were living there, in the last half of the 90's, there was a family a few miles away with 2 teenage boys. The dad, Frank, was violent, and more than once Frank, jr., who was 15 at the time, came to our place in fear. One day Frank sr. killed his wife (mother of Frank and his brother) with a tire iron because he didn't like the way she folded his socks. Frank Jr. and his younger brother (I can't remember his name) crawled out a window and ran for help, but it was too late.

I can't find it on a search. It was near Linefork, Kentucky and the man's name is Frank Fields, Sr. As far as I know he's still in prison. This area is about 17 miles west of Whitesburg.

I also cleaned house for a man who hit his 6-year old son over the head with a chunk of firewood while I was watching. I reported him (like a dummy) and his whole extended family threatened to swear to all kinds of nonsense abuse about me toward my kids in retaliation if I didn't recant my story. I recanted my story, got a better job, saved money, and moved to Montana. I was a single mom at the time. About 10 years later the boy passed out at school. Tests at the hospital showed old fractures of his skull and other bones as well as scar tissue build-up under his skull.

Many more stories I could tell...

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

:mad: ARGH!!! :mad:

Some people shouldn't breed ... :(

4. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

yet they always manage to... :( :gaah:

5. townparkradio

townparkradio Family Friendly DJ

*shifty eyes* Well what do you expect when we're teaching it to our youths in their cartoons!!

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/a6/Where_Is_My_Dinner.jpg

Seriously though... people are going to use this as another call to ban guns. Annoying. Do people want to ban cars every time some lunatic runs a bunch of Girl Scouts over? No but guns? Ooohhh the gun is at fault!

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Wow. And we wonder why the people are f***ed up. We laugh at cartoons/comics/sitcoms that are full of trash-talk and disrespect, but it's adding to the shaping of our society in a negative way.

Maybe it's not so funny any more.
    (Thanks, tpr, for bring this to our attention)

7. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

I hate to see parent's use the boobtube for a babysitter. It is nothing but 90% pure garbage, crap that is watched by 3-5 year old's. How the he!! could you stay halfway normal. 24 hours a day that is there to frigg peoples heads up. :( What you say is fact it has done some damage to the less than solid brains.

8. The_Blob

that Naruto shot has NOTHING to do with the wording on it, that's basically a mysogynistic version of a LOLCATS pic
    you might as well relive the 80's and blame Dungeons & Dragons...
    it's the same as trying to ban Hansel & Gretel because you are afraid kids will bake the babysitter :nuts:
    cartoon violence has been around for more than 100 years (Katzenjammer Kidz 1897)
    these people are already predisposed towards violence, they did NOT start out 'normal' & then have their violent tendencies programmed into them by The TV Machine
    heck, Popeye used to solve all of his problems by punching them

IMHO exaggerated cartoon hyper-violence can be a cathartic event as it doesn't involve real people & provides a backdrop for even very young children to realize that shoving some form of explosive in an enclosed space & detonationg it is BAD, mmmkay...

of more danger is the attitude that so many things are 'learning experiences' for children & they shouldn't be punished for their actions... HTF are they supposed to learn anything if there aren't any consequences... many are raising a generation of PIMPS

child withholds affection from parent or stops being 'friends', parent relents & bribes with new x-box, kid makes parent feel that s/he will forgive parent 'this time'... if they go get the new <<insert popular title>> game, right NOW...
    pimp withholds affection from hooker or stops giving her 'his love' because she hasn't made enough $$$... hooker goes out, does more/riskier tricks, brings $$$ to pimp, pimp slaps her around for being 'late', makes her feel she deserves it, then gives her 'his love', 'this time', for finally producing

am I wrong? :dunno:

9. townparkradio

It's just someone who thinks they're funny. What happened was rival ninja were infiltrating the village, and Naruto socked one he thought was dressed up like his friend. I just felt the black humor image parodying the moment fit here. The actual dialogue is significantly different. Naruto is a "clean" (albeit violent) show; I'd happily let my kids watch it once they hit teen years.

10. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

Seems to me that someone in that whole trailer park ought to have been able to shoot that guy down while he was blowing windows out of the car while his victim was dodging pellets.
    That would have saved at least 3 lives.

11. The_Blob

maybe (most) people on THIS forum would, but 'normal' folks (sheeple) ? doubtful...

ever see Fight Club?

12. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

And then be arrested and sent to jail for murder. Everyone knows that's how the law works and that's why they don't do it.

13. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

a clear case of self defense even if he was shot in the back of the head. This guy was clearly a threat to everyone within shotgun range.

14. townparkradio

More likely everyone hunkered down and waited for the shooting to stop, protecting their own families. In my opinion, it's not a matter of people not caring or being afraid of the law, it's a matter of them wanting to be alive the next day to send their kids to school. You take care of your own first. That's why wars are fought by kids fresh out of school and not family men. Kids are full of testosterone and are willing to be a hero simply for the glory of having done so.

It's a shame for the dead that there were no such persons nearby, but what if there was? We might be hearing about one more casualty. A desire to do good does not protect you from the consequences of combat, and there's a line between heroic and stupid. So let's say some guy goes out and shoots him, but gets shot himself. His children are now without their father and for what? To save the life of some stranger? The medal his widow will receive from the town won't pay the bills or wrap it's arms around her in the middle of the night.

You have to pick your battles and we weren't there. Also, some folks DID try to help her. They ended up dead for their good actions. We weren't there and frankly it was a trailer park. I have my doubts his shotgun was the only weapon nearby. How many of you can honestly say that you are prepared, right now, to stand up and kill a guy whanging buckshot at a lady who ran into your house?

Gosh I'd sure try, but... that's zero to deadly violence in a few seconds. I don't like my odds. But if it were going on in my neighborhood? I'd chamber one in my own shotgun, have the wife get her revolver ready, cover the doors and stay away from the windows. Good intentions don't make you bulletproof, and watching for a "chance to strike" is a good way to get yourself killed. I love my neighbors, but I love my wife more.

15. townparkradio

Absolutely. No court in the land would indict. You might get arrested for it initially, but you won't see charges. The law doesn't expect you to jump up and yell "stop, evildoer!" and then go to the street in front of the Long Branch and have a fair draw while Miss Kitty watches from the doorway.

One of the people hunkered down defending his own family taking a shot of opportunity if it came up would be hailed as a hero, frankly.