Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to give a deposition for my divorce on Monday. I've been googling and reading alot, has anyone else been through this? I think the attorneys will be the winners in the end.:mad:

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
your conclusions on that are correct, too late for arbitration now... :cry:

that sux

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Not familliar with the process, sorry. Sending you good thoughts for the day.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Being an expert on getting divorced...

I can't help you... I did my own, from a legal forms section on the state web site... with no kids and everything already divided up and no issues for the court to have to deal with I filed on a Tues and was told to be back the next day at 0900... went into the clerks office and there was the Judge, shook hands made our howdy's and he asked if I felt the need to go into the court room..I said nope and he asked if there was any chance of mending things , at which I busted out laughing and said " Not even on a cold day in hell" he and the clerks all laughed and it was done.. she had already moved out of state..

I LOVE MONTANA !! In fact I just got back from MT where I "Married" two of my good friends.. second time I've acted the part of "preacher"... seems MT law says the couple may "authorize " anybody they want to perform the ceremony ... I LOVE MONTANA....

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I don't know how it works in your area, but, for me, it was a 5 minute job to get married and a 7 year battle to get unmarried. My first lawyer sucked and my second lawyer (after I fired the first one) was amazing.

Once everything was settled after the selling of my house, the lawyer handed a piece of paper to the judge saying sign-this - 31 days later the signature was considered valid and I got the final certificate of divorce.

I have been officially divorced now for 2 weeks ... :2thumb:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I don't know how it works in your area, but, for me, it was a 5 minute job to get married and a 7 year battle to get unmarried. My first lawyer sucked and my second lawyer (after I fired the first one) was amazing.

Once everything was settled after the selling of my house, the lawyer handed a piece of paper to the judge saying sign-this - 31 days later the signature was considered valid and I got the final certificate of divorce.

I have been officially divorced now for 2 weeks ... :2thumb:
:beercheer::beercheer::beercheer: I guess... Assuming you wanted it... I did! I have known couples who got married for the tax break..talk about dumb..

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Good luck, Sailaway. I know this has been hard for you and you've lost a lot with this divorce. I hope your future is brighter and better, and that you "sail" through the years. I don't have anything to offer about the deposition but don't just decide it's all futile and go in there without a fight and let her just take everything. I get tired of seeing that happening to guys. Best wishes, sail.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Divorce Deposition ... I have no clue ... :confused:

But wish only the best for you. (hope all went well)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What an afternoon of head games, glad it's over with. Told the truth in everything' the truth will set you free. Silly Lawyer head games from the school of over acting. Felt like telling him when He was done jumping up and down like Rumple Stiltskin I would answer the next question. lol :nuts: They didn't finnish, so they have to reschedule. The lawyers will be the winners in the end of this one!:surrender:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Sheesh. :( Best of luck, Sail.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Wow dude..so sorry this has been so bad... mine was painless.... hang in there bro...it's gotta be over sooner or later..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts