Discuss Your Day

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by kristyle, Aug 4, 2010.

1. kristyle

kristyle Member

Why not have a thread where we can say everything that we did today, and talk about it?
    YOU can also talk about your ACHIEVEMENTS for the day
    What you want to remember or forget about your day
    What you hoped that you would get done
    This thread is where you can discuss your day, your feelings about your day, what made you happy/sad.
    It's your daily gossip diary so make sure you use it wisely.
    Any really short posts are likely to be deleted by a mod, so make sure you put some thought and effort into your daily post.
    Today, I went to school. I learned that I am ****ing up in accounting class because I have been missing a lot of assignments since I was falling behind.

I made fun of my best friend because he has "dread bangs."

I got yelled at in Physics because I was eating really hard taffy at my lab table.

What did YOU do today?

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Hubby and I went huckleberry picking up on the mountain. Picked about 2 gallons of berries. Perfect weather, not too hot, not too cold, and clear & sunny!

Saw a big ole black bear on the way home, nearly a mile from our house.

3. kristyle

kristyle Member

haha..it sounds very interesting..where are you going to pick berries??

4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Personally, I feel that facebook is a better place to talk about the day to day goings on in ones life, if that's what you like to do. JMO. :)

5. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

You may use the Blog section of PS if you desire.

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

We pick on a mountainside west of Glacier National Park, in NW Montana. The huckleberries are like blueberries.

Facebook? Yuck. My "friends" fill it with progress reports of the games they play on there, and they "like" this or are "a fan of". Bunch of junk. Waste of time.

7. saintsfanbrian

saintsfanbrian Liberty or Death!!!!

FaceSpace or MyBook will be the undoing of this nation. Too many people wasting time telling how they like this or that or got out of bed.

Personally I had it for a while and then killed it.

I like forums better.

8. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

I figured that the OP was a spammer- they come in and put up a few threads of basically neutral stuff and then put up the siggy with the spam in it.

So---saintsfanbrian--- I take it that you do not "Twitter" lol

Good for you. I do my jabbering over at the Idigmygarden forums... All anonymous if you want, or not so anonymous if you want to share. Besides I don't want the whole world knowing all my personal stuff!

ETA: If you check out the links in the OP's siggy you will find that they are all from a tile place in ----drumroll please--------CHINA!

9. kristyle

kristyle Member

yeah..i know that place..would you like give me some pics that you have taken??

10. saintsfanbrian

saintsfanbrian Liberty or Death!!!!

Nope - I don't twitter either.

A coworker mentioned creating a social networking site like twitter only instead of tweatting you would "bleat". The mascot would be a sheep. If you could get the "right" people on it it would be bigger than FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter and you could see who the Sheep are without even having to ask them.

I know that many people use these social networking sites for good but unfortunately almost everyone that I know that was on them used them for narcissistic outlets.

Look at me- I am drinking wine and watching Desperate Housewives.:dunno:

11. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Well, there's thousands of square miles of beautiful, forested mountains there, and the huckleberries are spread all througout, but only at certain elevations. It's a big annual thing, locally, to go each year and pick them!

No one reveals the location of their patch of huckleberries! It's a guarded secret! lol

Do they have any wild berries where you live, krystle?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  12. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

What I Did Today...

Wait for it.....

Today I worked like a troll, ate like a pig, drank like a fish, and slept like a rock. :D

13. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

But Harley...what tune does that go with? :D

14. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

They could give it a cutsey name like "the Sheeples Republic " or something. lol
    I am addicted to the peoples court type shows and the travel cooking type shows like Bizarre foods and No reservations. At least they show folks what can be ate if you were hungry enuf and how to cook it!:eek::D

15. lotsoflead

lotsoflead Well-Known Member

went out at daylight 5:15 and did my 3 mile walk with the labs. came back and fed the rabbits, dogs. read a couple news papers, cooked some oat groats. played in the garden, tossed a couple dozen cukes in the woods.
    About 10:30, I put on a veil and smoked the bees and looked in to see how they were doing.
    didn't do much of anything the rest of the day.