Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am disabled i figure if i got the means to make fire i should be able to trade for the help i need when people want to cook food or boil water keep warm during winter . also have a supply of salt people need salt and have multi ways of trapping or hunting game as well as fishing have the know how to smoke cure meat it my thought any way

·
855 Posts
Yes, disabled folk's need help surviving a everyday situation, like a power outage during any time of year.my mom had to go stay with a neice during a summer power outage one time. on account she couldn't handle the summer heat.but yet.what IF that turned out to be a permanent outage? And I wasn't able to get her to the neice? that's why I was preparing for situation like that before she passed away.i know some disabled folk's won't survive a week much less a month.but yet some if not most will out live me.and they can be helpful in one way or another.even if it's babysitting to teaching.to what ever.the woman nextdoor to me has cancer and her right leg is amputated just below the knee.she might know something about surviving a winter outage that I haven't thought of,or don't know about,on account she's from upstate.everyone has their value in some way or another.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,695 Posts
Yep. Another cripple here too. I have skills I could trade and knowledge that might make life easier, but truth be known,
I can't walk half a mile without being bedridden two days. when the power goes out for good, I'm done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts