Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never knew how some rich folk are so dirty. We went to some yard sales at a very high dollar community. And the state of the things they were selling! Good grief!
I did get an American Harvest bread machine for $8. But it was filthy! I've been soaking the pans in hot water and dawn dish detergent. Down around where the paddle sits was so gunky and nasty. ick. And the inside where they sit and bake was absolutely disgusting. It took me two wash basin full of semi hot water to clean it out. Nasty. Even the elements were dirty with dough. It doesn't look like they ever cleaned it. Ever.:dunno:
I can't wait to try it. It makes two seperate 1 1/2 pound loaves at the same time. As long as they take the same setting ( white, wheat,sweet,etc) you can make two different kinds of breads at the same time. I'm stoked :D

I saw dirty jackets with ring around the collar, their garages were just plain nasty. The books they were selling were stained and torn. The sheets and bedspreads were dusty and some even had dead bugs when you opened them to check them out!:eek:

I may be in a lower bracket, but by heaven, you don't have to be afraid to buy something from me!:mad:

ok rant over :eek:

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
Their maid probably refused to clean it, so it just went to crap. :p

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
They are so busy making money that they don't have time to clean stuff ... that is why they sell it, to recoup some of the money that they spent .. :nuts:

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just can't get over the fact of how dirty they were. whatever.
My bread machine works great tho LOL I made some garlic/onion and some black olive/oinion loaves. Homemade beef veggie soup and homemade bread....oh yea. The loaves are just the right size for the two of us.
Me one happy camper LOL

·
Partyin' like it's 1699
216 Posts
A few years ago, there was a couple here who had a house in a high end gated community. They had dogs and cats and kept them confined in the basement of the house and never cleaned up after them. The housekeeper got suspicious and went down there one day. After finding the mess, she alerted authorities. The methane levels were so high the house could have exploded at any moment. They had to demolish the house because it was so bad. Gross...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just for the sake of discussion, what would happen on this forum is I started a thread entitled: "Dirty Black People"?

Instantly -- at the speed of light!, forum folks would be posting things like: "Wait a minute. ALL blacks aren't dirty!" or, "Hey! I know lots of black folks who are nothing like you discribed." or, "I don't think that sort of ridiculous stereotyping is appropriate in this day and age." and then the classic, "Some of my best friends are black". :)

All of the above statements are absolutely correct. That kind of stereotyping, whether blacks or rich folks in not based in fact.

Gen and OFM, I know (or at least I'm pretty sure) that you weren't implying that all rich folks tend to be dirty. I'm guessing that you were amazed that a few rich folks ARE dirty. I'm amazed too! I'd guess we all tend to think of rich folks as having spotless homes and "stuff" thanks to thier maids.

The reason I am posting this is to illuminate the ObaMao and his Komrad's incessant push to persecute the bourgeois (for those of you who have not read the Marx Communist Manifesto, it meant "those evil rich folks). Kinda like Hitler's Krystal Nacht -- except Hitler demonized the Jews -- Marx demonizes successful folks. So is ObaMao.

I just wanted to point that out.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Just for the sake of discussion, what would happen on this forum is I started a thread entitled: "Dirty Black People"?

Instantly -- at the speed of light!, forum folks would be posting things like: "Wait a minute. ALL blacks aren't dirty!" or, "Hey! I know lots of black folks who are nothing like you discribed." or, "I don't think that sort of ridiculous stereotyping is appropriate in this day and age." and then the classic, "Some of my best friends are black". :)

All of the above statements are absolutely correct. That kind of stereotyping, whether blacks or rich folks in not based in fact.

Gen and OFM, I know (or at least I'm pretty sure) that you weren't implying that all rich folks tend to be dirty. I'm guessing that you were amazed that a few rich folks ARE dirty. I'm amazed too! I'd guess we all tend to think of rich folks as having spotless homes and "stuff" thanks to thier maids.

The reason I am posting this is to illuminate the ObaMao and his Komrad's incessant push to persecute the bourgeois (for those of you who have not read the Marx Communist Manifesto, it meant "those evil rich folks). Kinda like Hitler's Krystal Nacht -- except Hitler demonized the Jews -- Marx demonizes successful folks. So is ObaMao.

I just wanted to point that out.
THANK YOU! nothing like a little class warfare to cement the voter bloc :D

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't care if someones rich ( or got money). I DO care when they are dirty and they try to sell me something.
And I don't care to play all of ya all's word games.
They were dirty rich people.
Stop the stupid nitpicking and word games.

I think it's folks like you who jump on crap like that who keeps it in perpetual movement. Stirring others up over crap that people don't even think about.
I'm not going to watch every darn word that comes out of my mouth. Thats being "kowed down" and thats not me.
Just skip any of my threads if I decide to start another.
Thats two for two now.

Seems to me that every time I start a thread, folks around here take it upon themselves to derail it very quickly.
Thats not a very good way to keep this place a friendly growing forum.

oh, and I'm " just saying" also. * roll eyes*

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I don't care if someones rich ( or got money). I DO care when they are dirty and they try to sell me something.

I think it's folks like you who jump on crap like that who keeps it in perpetual movement. Stirring others up over crap that people don't even think about.
I'm not going to watch every darn word that comes out of my mouth. Thats being "kowed down" and thats not me.
Thats two for two now.

Seems to me that every time I start a thread, folks around here take it upon themselves to derail it very quickly.

THANK YOU! nothing like a little oversensitivity to cement the voter bloc some more... :D

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
do BOTH of you SEE where I'm going with this?

or should I just :ignore: too?

cuz I won't

just so all ya'all know

I don't think anybody's being 'jeephammered' here... (sorry, jeep)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

Thats two for two now.

Easy there, Genevieve. :wave: Did ya read what I said?:

"Gen and OFM, I know (or at least I'm pretty sure) that you weren't implying that all rich folks tend to be dirty. I'm guessing that you were amazed that a few rich folks ARE dirty. I'm amazed too! I'd guess we all tend to think of rich folks as having spotless homes and "stuff" thanks to thier maids."

My point was directed not at you and OFM (see above) but at ObaMao and his Komrads who are masters at using "rich folks" vs "good people". As the Blob (the peacemaker -- thanks, Blob:)) said, it is class warfre , ObaMao's attempt to dividiing and conquering.

Yours words were accurate: "Dirty rich folks". They were "dirty" and they were "rich", so: "Dirty rich folks".

Can I take my flack jacket off now? :):surrender:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’ve been to a lot of garage sales and the rich people’s stuff seemed about the same cleanliness wise.

They usually are selling junk though it’s rare I find anything good at one.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Well, from the point of "if I were about to sell my bread machine or other small appliance", I might skip some last cleanings and just set a lower price for it.

However, it sounds like the item in question was dirty through and through, which implies long-term neglect of cleanliness. That does strike me as unexpected coming from someone of a higher financial class.

Which brings me to another observation. You'd think the people with lower incomes would make an effort to keep their possessions clean and in good working order, considering they're least likely to be able to afford buying a replacement.

Money or lack of, we should all be taking care of what we have. The money I don't have to use to replace something, I can use that money for buying more preps! :) (Or for something fun, like going out for pizza!)

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
SO off topic, but Cici's has all-you-can-eat pizza buffet for $2.99 2pm-4pm Mon-Thu & if you have a movie stub you get free soft drink

they will make a pizza to your specs & bring it to your table... as part of the buffet service!

it is so-so quality, but they do let me take the crusts home for my doggies!

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
I SO wish we had Cici's here. I've been to them "back east" (Indiana) and I thought they were pretty good, but then I haven't met too many pizzas I didnt like!

When I was a kid my Mom would wash the "usable" parts of things, like the blender top, but never wiped off the base units. I'd go around and wash off the bodies of the blender, mixer, can opener, etc. I guess teamwork kept everything in pretty good shape. But still...

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I have a blender that is probably close to 25 years old now and to me, it still looks like it was taken out of the package last week. Same thing with a toaster-oven that I got when I was 19 .. still in use and it looks like it might be a year old ... and a 20 year old stove that is a little dirty inside the oven (what oven isn't) but other than having a "dated" color to it, still is almost as clean as it was when it was put into service back in 1990 ...

.... and I still drive a 1988 Jeep and have a pristine 1970 motorbike ...

I ain't rich, but, I do try to take good care of my stuff ...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
My point was directed not at you and OFM (see above) but at ObaMao and his Komrads who are masters at using "rich folks" vs "good people". As the Blob (the peacemaker -- thanks, Blob) said, it is class warfre , ObaMao's attempt to dividiing and conquering.
I thought I had stumbled into one of the bottom 3 boards by mistake.:(

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The 3 boards at the bottom of the site.
Where most of the hate and discontent occurs.
Also a place that I have made a commitment to stay away from.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The 3 boards at the bottom of the site.
Where most of the hate and discontent occurs.
Also a place that I have made a commitment to stay away from.
Well, backlash, do whatever makes you feel good. As for me, I prefer to research, discuss issues, listen and learn from others then confront things that you may or may not call, "hate and discontent".

As an avid history buff, I can think of many instances in America's history where Patriots -- true, brave, honorable patriots -- were called "hatemongers" and "malcontents" because they were willing to stand up and fight to fix wrongs instead of cower in the corner. Many of these courageous men and women lost their fortunes, their families and their lives for what we enjoy today.

Feel free to review any post I have ever written here. Based on my written words, if you feel moved to call me a hatemonger or malcontent, that's OK. I'll consider it an honor to be called a Patriot.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.