Dirt Time camp out

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by gypsysue, May 6, 2011.

1. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Anyone else on here going to the Dirt Time camp-out in California the last week of June? It's basically a 5-day camp with classes all day on different prepper-type skills, everything from starting a fire without matches, to caching supplies, to, well, lots of stuff. You can check it out on their website, Dirttime. I think the stuff about the camp is to the right on the home page.

We went last year, and my review is here on this site at:
    http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f55/gypsysue-non-fiction-dirt-time-2010-report-3524/

You have to click on the attached file once you get there. Check it out and see if you're interested. It's an awesome time, and I learned a LOT last year.

2. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Sue, obviously my PA self won't be at the campout but I bookmarked the website for future reading. Who was that dashing model on the front page with the snow shovel? ;)

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Well, maybe another year you can make it, Jason. We're hoping they have one in the east next year to give more people a chance to attend. Last year it was in Wyoming, which helped some. It was more 'central'. A lot of people can't afford the gas to drive all the way to California this year.

It's a fantastic opportunity to learn prep things and rub shoulders with other people who live the life, or are trying to. Everything is included once you get there. The classes and teachers are awesome, the food is fantastic, and all the BS tossed around all week make it fun, too!

*choke, laugh, cough*, coffee on the keyboard! Dashing model, eh? We won't talk about that! Or about snow shovels because it makes me have to use the "S"-word, and we don't need any more winter.

4. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Wont be there, but sounds interesting. I am camping with the scouts this weekend, it is our spring camporee, the theme is Leave No Trace. I just love stealth.:cool:

5. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

How's the leg these days, Sail?

6. Kai22

Kai22 Well-Known Member

This looks really cool! I'm reading your report on last year's campout right now. I'm in California so maybe I can attend!

7. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

If you're going send GS or me a PM. We go by different handles on that board and we'd like to be sure we get together there. It will be a great time! Get your registration taken care of ASAP. It will be closed when they meet their quota.

8. Kai22

Kai22 Well-Known Member

Will do. I just fired off an email to them to see if they could tell me a kind of general location, or at least how far of a drive it would be from the top of California :)

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

It would be great to have you there!

The location this year is NE of L.A., on the NE side of the San Bernadino mountains. Often you can find someone to share gas expenses with, since people come from all directions.