Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our TVs are not that old, I'd like to know if our TVs will work with this new "digital tv" deal or if I will have to purchase an adapter.

We have digital cable right now and we are getting rid of it this week to save money.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
not to shill for anybody... but I saw a comercial for Dish Network for $19.99/month permanent rate, with $0.01/month for 5 premium movie stations for 12 months...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only thing - im not a huge fan of dish network - when it storms or is really cloudy here (often) - it doesnt work. we tried it for a while...

thanks though :)

·
Pincushion
278 Posts
Unless you have paid cable you will need a box to pick up antenna stations.
Most new TVs now are digital and do not require a box. My newest is about 2 years old, but it is analog.:(

I'm debating on whether or not I should get boxes for my TVs, get sattelite TV, or just use the TVs for DVDs and video games.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Most new TVs now are digital and do not require a box. My newest is about 2 years old, but it is analog.:(

I'm debating on whether or not I should get boxes for my TVs, get sattelite TV, or just use the TVs for DVDs and video games.
That is the only reason I have a TV - to play a DVD (either home-made video or store-bought). I do alot of video / photography and create alot of my own DVD's - they are kind of like "showing vacation slides" to friends of the 70's -but with alot more excitement thrown in ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Digital converter box coupons

We just tried to get coupons for the digital converters... was told they ran out of money for the program. There is a waiting list for "if and when" they get more coupons. Typical government planning.

·
Greenhorn
96 Posts
Most people don't see the real big downside to this change. Those portable radios with "TV Band" for emergencies will no longer get TV stations in.. :(

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Most people don't see the real big downside to this change. Those portable radios with "TV Band" for emergencies will no longer get TV stations in.. :(
yeah, THAT was one of my major concerns... if I were forced to rely on TV broadcasts for information (local, PBS etc etc) due to an emergency I suppose the radio would have to suffice (& it should).

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
anybody think they will build one with a digital tuner in it then, or will that be a niche-market nobody is concerned with?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts