Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by ANSON, Jun 27, 2010.

  1. ANSON

    ANSON Member

    Where to by dessicants and oxygen scavengers for guns/ammo ?
  2. horseman09

    horseman09 Well-Known Member

    4 has them, but remember, for 02 absorbers to be effective, your weapons must be sealed in an airtight container. No too difficult to do with handguns -- pretty tough for long guns.

  3. The_Blob

    The_Blob performing monkey

    I was originally going to post this as a joke, but now that I think about it...

    Do they make 6' bags for those food-saver vacuum sealer machines?
  4. GroovyMike

    GroovyMike Well-Known Member

    Cabela's sells dessicant packs for inside safes etc. I think it cost about $12 for a 6x6 inch pack.
  5. horseman09

    horseman09 Well-Known Member

    Hey! I never thought of that. Not a bad idea, Blob. Buy vacuum sealer bags in a roll, stick your guns and stuff in, seal one end, vac as much air out as you can, throw the dessicants and 02 absorbers in, seal the other and -- da daaaaaaaa. Should be a great way to store guns'n'ammo.

    Just be sure to have everything ready before you open the 02 absorbers because they will absorb their capacity in about 15 minutes in open air.
  6. NaeKid

    NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

    I purchase my vac-bags by the roll. You seal one end, put product inside, vac-seal the other and and store. I think that my rolls are 20' long (or something like that) and I have seen similar product on the shelves at Walmart locally.
  7. UncleJoe

    UncleJoe Well-Known Member

    We have "rolls" as well; 12" wide X 18' long. We got them at Sears.