Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bodies are not even cold. :red:

Of course there's really no chance of this even passing.

Word comes from NBC News that following the shootings in Las Vegas and Texas the Senate Democrats have once more introduced a new bill designed to ban "assault weapons" within the United States.

The original Assault Weapons Ban was enacted in 1994, championed by Dianne Feinstein in the wake of the Luby's mass shooting that left 23 people dead. The intent was to limit the ability for attackers to inflict mass casualties by keeping "weapons of war" off the streets and limiting the capacity of magazines. It expired in 2004 when it was not renewed under the Bush administration.

According to a 2013 Obama Administration Department of Justice memo which analyzed the effectiveness of the law, it found that the Assault Weapons Ban had no impact on reducing crime or the murder rate in the United States, and that implementing the same legislation again would have little to no effect on the safety of American citizens for decades to come. This is further supported by a 2013 National Academy study which came to the same conclusions.

Despite this evidence (as well as opposition from the majority of American voters) the Democrats and specifically Dianne Feinstein have continued to re-introduce the bill following every mass shooting event. The latest incarnation was following the Sandy Hook shooting, where her bill received a public hearing but failed to make it out of committee even with a Democrat controlled Senate and White House.

The full text of the latest proposal has yet to be released, but odds are that it is another copy-and-paste from the original Assault Weapons Ban from 1994. For more information on why an Assault Weapons Ban is a terrible idea see this article.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-introduce-assault-weapons-ban-bill-congress/

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
These people are stupid. https://constitution.com/fake-news-absurd-claims-ar-15-mods-get-roasted-twitter/

In the aftermath of any major, firearm-involved tragedy in our nation, the liberal media rushes to vilify any and all guns.
This has been the case for an inordinate amount of time, and no amount of factual remediation seems to fill the knowledge void of the lunatic leftist fringes of our modern society. The latest code words, "assault weapon", "AR-15", and "modifications" are all poised precariously on the tips of the media's collective tongue this week after a mentally unstable man in Texas attacked his ex in-laws' church in the San Antonio region.

These "news" outlets have been calling shooter Devin Kelley's weapon "AR-15-esque", simply as a way to involve the phrase in their coverage for the sole purpose of demonization. What the leftist media is willingly omitting, however, is that the citizen hero that fired at and struck Kelley in a gap in his body armor was also using an AR-15, and likely would not have been able to incapacitate the deranged shooter with a lesser weapon.

Furthermore, after the incessant talk about "bump stocks" and other modifiers in the wake of the Las Vegas shooting on October 1st, the media has been in hysterics over the accessories available for these "assault" weapons. USA Today even went as far as to suggest that Devin Kelley could have attached a chainsaw to the end of his "assault" rifle.

"USA Today released a video showing that available modifications for an 'AR-15 style rifle' include a 'Chainsaw Bayonet.' They also listed adding a pump shotgun attachment to the underside of the gun.

"The video was clearly part of the establishment media's concerted effort to demonize AR-15s by suggesting they are semiautomatics that can be modified into all out war machines.

"The video begins with an image of a basic AR-15 rifle captioned, 'Texas Church Gunman's AR-15 Style Rifle.' The video then proceeds to list possible modifications, including items that were either one-offs or prototypical. USA Today listed so many that they had to follow the video with a disclaimer stating, 'To clarify, the video shows both the shooter's modifications, as well as other possible modifications. The shooter did not use a chainsaw bayonet.'"

Enter the internet, who mercilessly lambasted USA Today for their ridiculous hyperbole and blatant agenda.

Responses to the piece showed Photoshopped modifications for an AR-15 that mocked the "news" organization's insinuation about attaching a chainsaw to the weapon, in which the firearm itself was outfitted with another firearm. Attached to that second AR-15 was yet another firearm, and so on, and so forth.

But, in order to win the ridiculous argument against the biased media outlet, one Twitter user went above and beyond in his mockery.

Bravo to you, sir. Bravo.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
This is a whole new kind of nation now. And weapons are a lot more powerful today.
I'm torn on this one. I'm not so sure we need semi automatics.
If thugs get worse and shtf we would need more gun power, but then who all would we have to fight? Anyone thinking about fighting police which was why we had 2nd amendment to begin with was state is dreaming.
Drones, satelites, tanks, and armies now from other nations coming in training with our LEO fro marshall law manuvers.
Seeing so many people getting killed at once is sad.
So9 I don't know. Guns didn't help Ruby Ridge or Waco slaughter.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
The Second Amendment is primarily to protect us from government. Whether this is an invading army or our own. It is also there to protect our society, whether from those attacking us from within or from ordinary criminals.

Guns may not have helped us at Ruby Ridge or Waco but about two million lives are saved every year because of guns. Some estimates are only half that but no matter how you figure it 30 to 70 lives are saved for every one life lost.

At the birth of our country the most powerful arms were cannon. Private individuals owned cannon and rest assured that if tanks, machine guns, and fighter aircraft had been invented that our founding fathers would have owned them also. Remember that the first battle of the Revolution was because the British came after American guns.
Like I said I'm torn between the two.

·
160 Posts
The second amendment is not about need. It is about the right to defend yourself and others from lawlessness. There are a number of uses for the semi-auto rifles and the silly "Black Guns" in every day life. They have little recoil so small framed people can fire them accurately. They are great for removing varmints from the food patch. They are a good way to protect small animals from predators. They are used in three gun competitions and other sporting events. They were used in the California riots to protect businesses from looters and arsonists. They have been used to defend life and homes from criminals.
Semi-auto pistols have been in use for self protection and te defense of society for many years.

The second amendment specifically protects our right to have the same weaponry that the infantry uses. We are supposed to be ready to show up for duty with our personal weapons that meet the requirements of military service if called upon to defend our states or the country. The People are the militia.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The full text of the bill is now available, and it make the old 1994 AWB look reasonable.

It is too long to post so I will simply link it here: Diane's Crap-o-rama Gun Control Bill

But here are some highlight for those of you who don't want to read it:

Any gun that has ever had a full auto equivalent made, means the semi-auto version is also banned. So no AR-15 because of the M16. No AK variants because of the AK47. No Beretta 92's because of the 93R. No Glock 17 because of the G18. And no CZ scorpion because the bill says that's a 9mm AK47. o_O

Of course it also bans anything has or ever had a barrel shroud, collapsible stock, flash hider, grip, barrel, trigger, magazine, etc., etc. Mostly because this is not a serious piece of legislation, it's just a piece of propaganda in the form of a middle finger to gun owners and the 2A that will help rile up the anti's and raise money for their cause. Another "the EVIL NRA has once again foiled our attempts at 'common sense gun control' by paying off Republicans!" marketing scheme.

Still, any such drivel needs to be met with unyielding resistance.

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
I wish I had a way to plaster the contents of the bill,as above, across every newspaper, billboard , and TV in the country.

That would be the best thing for pro 2A and Pro guns Americans we could ever ask for,

Just as Obummer was the best thing that ever happened to gunsales....
hummmm, that's the only thing I can think of he was good for.:(

Jim

·
Registered
122 Posts
It has been argued but another way of looking at the second amendment is in the phrase "being necessary for the security of a "free state" this is not the geographical borders but the free state of the personal being. Plus there should be no confusion, remember the military, Politian's and police are all sworn in with the reminder that they have the moral and legal honor and duty to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic..Plus one more fact there are but approximately 2 million of them with plenty of patriots sprinkled amongst them that remember who and what they are compared to conservative estimates 70 million, That's 35 to one. That's kinda like steppin in a fire ant hill you may be bigger have the high ground and can stomp on the pesky critters but you will have to eventually leave the area.

·
Banned
595 Posts
These folks in legislatures are indeed idiots, but the real problem are the idiots who elected them into office and keep re-electing them. Ignorance can be cured, but stupid is forever.

As someone who has been subjected to onerous anti-gun laws imposed with no recourse or grandfathering courtesy, I've made up my mind to respectfully ignore and possibly disobey any more anti-gun laws.

I recommend everyone else do likewise.

·
Registered
0 Posts
These folks in legislatures are indeed idiots, but the real problem are the idiots who elected them into office and keep re-electing them. Ignorance can be cured, but stupid is forever.

As someone who has been subjected to onerous anti-gun laws imposed with no recourse or grandfathering courtesy, I've made up my mind to respectfully ignore and possibly disobey any more anti-gun laws.

I recommend everyone else do likewise.
Ya im with you on that.

·
160 Posts
No law that has ever been passed that infringes on the right of a law abiding citizen to own and carry a gun is anything more than an unlawful act. The only one who can allow an unlawful act to be treated as a law is the individual. As long as just one individual maintains his/her rights then the act remains unlawful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts