We can typically get 6-7 bushel of corn from plot I grow. Last year the deer decimated it so I decided to put up a fence this year in hopes of keeping them out. For the last 4 weeks, between the all day soaking rain events, I've been working on it. The fenced area is a little shy of 7000sf. 6' "T" posts are the main support for the 3" tall woven wire fence I picked up at an auction 2 years ago. 2x4's that I had cut from hemlock trees I took down are wired to every other post. Locust rails from a split rail fence I removed for a customer are used as corner braces. For about 2/3 of it, 4' tall plastic garden fencing is stapled to the 2x4's for a total height of 7'. Since I ran out of plastic, I used some 4' welded wire fence that was left over from the dog fence we put up a couple years ago. To hang that, I screwed small hooks into the 2x4's and then wired the fence to them. This past weekend we had some pretty wicked storms blow through and I was a bit concerned that my little project wouldn't hold up but it was still there Sunday afternoon. The first pic is before the fence. The second 2 are with the project in the works. On the right side you can see the uprights and barely make out the plastic fence that is only partially attached. The wooden gate is access at the mid-point of the garden. On the left side right in front of the wheelbarrow you can just make out a small platform. That's where the bee hives are going to be placed next week. I haven't taken any pics of the finished product yet. If it ever stops raining I'll get to that. The bottom pic is the lower garden that was taken last year. Total gardening space for this year is just shy of 10,000sf.