Dec. Weather

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by *Andi, Dec 3, 2009.

1. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Well Dec. is here ...

We have started out cool and wet. They (Noaa radio) are calling for snow Saturday (this will be the second time ... first was a no go :D ) so we will see how this one goes.

What is it looking like in your 'neck of the woods?' By-the-way I love weather news from all over.:D

2. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

More seasonal here lately than most of Nov. was. Cooler and pretty rainy this week. It's been in the 30s at night and the 40s and maybe touching the 50s some during the day. But it's been damp every day and, as I said, really rainy. I guess Indian Summer has moved on.

3. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I'm in Texas and it's cold. I understand that might be a relative statement but when you get used to 110 degree summers anything below 50 and you feel frozen. My toes hurt and it's hard to ttttttype.

4. Magi

Magi Active Member

We have our first snow of the season today. We have about 2-3 inches of snow. 2 counties up from ours they had enough snow to cancel school for the day. The temps are in the high 20's so it may not last long.

The fun begins!

5. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Ours seems to be typical for northern Ohio cold, mostly gray days but some sun. The months just getting started. Life starts getting better again after 12/21, the days start getting longer.:congrat::2thumb:

6. Jason

I work 4 10 hour days a week, 6:30AM-5:00PM. It's dark on the drive in to work and it's dark on the way home. Makes ya feel like a lab rat or something, but in this economy I'm just glad to have the job, I guess.

7. mrghostwalker

mrghostwalker Well-Known Member

We are getting 2 to 4 inches in Connecticut today- but I grew up north of Buffalo so I don't count it as real snow.
    Besides- I have a Jeep so it only makes my commute to work more enjoyable!:2thumb:

8. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Well, here I am in southern Califronia, rain coming next week maybe, down in the mid 60's, I guess its time to put the shorts away.:D:2thumb:

9. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

2" on the ground so far and still coming down. :(

10. Jason

Wow Joe. Your part of the state got more than ours.We only got enough to cover the ground with a light dusting. This was my first day of the season for deer hunting. The snow was just enough for me to see the 7 deer that were too far away through too thick a brush for me to take a safe shot.

I did hear a bullet zing past, though...

11. UncleJoe

We were expecting a coating to an inch. Looks like we'll end up with about 4.

12. Jason

Wow. We have a dusting, like I said, and it was all mud underneath. Now it's already half melted. It's chilly here, but far from a deep freeze.

13. twolilfishies

twolilfishies wanna be prepared

my son dug a cave out under a 4 ft snowdrift today. i built my chickens a wall to help keep drafts down in their shed...Calgary is blustery and brrrr today:eek:

14. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I spent my entire weekend driving (work Christmas party, my own birthday party, picking up supplies and people who could not negotiate the roads) and I quite enjoyed it. My arms are a little sore today from shoveling snow for about 3 hours yesterday and about 2 hours on Friday.

Today is looking good with close to 4 feet of snow in my front yard and blue sky right now. I think I will strap on my snowshoes and go for a walk this afternoon.

15. UncleJoe

DS has a friend from Calgary on a horse forum he belongs. He posted pics of that storm. :eek: They had 9' drifts against their barn and had to use a front end loader to get the horses out. Like I said before, keep it up there please.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  16. Brian Jones

Brian Jones Guest

It was only 33 degrees here a few nights ago on my drive home from work. That's flippin cold for Phoenix.

17. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

We are getting our first dusting of snow now, it should warm up later in the week and disappear. The news always seems to make worse than it really is. They love sensationalism.

18. twolilfishies

twolilfishies wanna be prepared

You already have a calgarian on this board but in case he didnt tell you...brrrrr!
    Its -27 now with windchill of -35...
    But hey, my chickens are fine!

19. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

No snow for us ... :( But it is a little early for southside Virginia. - Maybe later -

20. northernontario

northernontario Well-Known Member

We've got a couple cm's on the ground, and they are calling for a big dump of 20-30cm's (8-12") tomorrow. Been cold here in Northern Ontario too... dropped to -15C at night. Ok, it's not as cold as Calgary, but it's still cold enough I've been plugging in the block heater.