Prepared Society Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Awesome weekend ! Was highly respected, laughed like crazy, was introduced to many of the friends he and his late wife had. Went to church together and it was great. He pointed out all his storrs and locations and where to grab a gun if I needed one. Treated like a queen..still moving forward with it. You all give me great input and I appreciate it all !

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
....got to his place..food preserved, smoked, frozen, stored, extra stores and multiple arms stashed everywhere, but out of sight.
Yeah, so far he sounds alright!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Getting more awesome daily, so much meshes so perfectly. We already finish each others sentences. Enjoy 95 percent of the same things, our friends and families all approve. But its moving so fast..like there is something beyond our control scripting this...and he says same thing so not a "girly " statement. Just under 70 miles seperates us..so not able to move too fast, and lots of discussion about not looking to plan long term yet, just move forward and see how things go.
Mostly wanted you all to know I still hear your advice and respect it. Its all so terrifyingly wonderful

·
Registered
114 Posts
As a guy who has been married only once and will soon be 25 years in.. I dont really think it much matters what some dating prospect thinks about prepping and at the same time, I really dont think its a subject for casual consumption. Some people get it and the ones that dont... really dont. I would be more interested to know if my romantic interest liked the rolling stones or not.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
As a guy who has been married only once and will soon be 25 years in.. I dont really think it much matters what some dating prospect thinks about prepping and at the same time, I really dont think its a subject for casual consumption. Some people get it and the ones that dont... really dont. I would be more interested to know if my romantic interest liked the rolling stones or not.
I really don't understand this post, a lot of the threads on this board are about getting significant others on board with prepping, more important in my opinion than musical interests, although if people don't have much in common what would they build a relationship on.

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
Actually, if a guy I were dating didn't "get' the concept of prepping then there is no point in continuing to date.

The point of dating is not just to have a good time and get laid. It is to find a possible life partner to share your life and lifestyle with.

·
Supporting Member
3,243 Posts
Getting more awesome daily, so much meshes so perfectly. We already finish each others sentences. Enjoy 95 percent of the same things, our friends and families all approve. But its moving so fast..like there is something beyond our control scripting this...and he says same thing so not a "girly " statement. Just under 70 miles seperates us..so not able to move too fast, and lots of discussion about not looking to plan long term yet, just move forward and see how things go.
Mostly wanted you all to know I still hear your advice and respect it. Its all so terrifyingly wonderful
Remember, don't get more emotionally invested than he is. Keep your head in the game. You're scaring with all this gushy talk! :teehee:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
He is seeming to be more emotionally invested than I am... Sorry, and we are constantly reaffirming the take our time mantra. Its just exciting that he knows the right kind of gifts...(first one was stay dry socks !)..ok, I'll quit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I simply would not begin or end a relationship over a persons indifference or lack of vested intellectual interest in preparedness. My personal feelings and ideas on the subject are not contingent upon other peoples acceptance of them. I guess what I am saying is that my Wife does not have to be a mini-me. She never once asked me anything about those 300 pair of shoes she bought herself that all look the same. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I simply would not begin or end a relationship over a persons indifference or lack of vested intellectual interest in preparedness. My personal feelings and ideas on the subject are not contingent upon other peoples acceptance of them. I guess what I am saying is that my Wife does not have to be a mini-me. She never once asked me anything about those 300 pair of shoes she bought herself that all look the same. LOL
I think that depends on how big a part prepping plays in your life.

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Just under 70 miles seperates us... so not able to move too fast,
I met my wife on eHarmony, and I had set the controls to "within 100 miles" - - - - - but she ended up being 130 miles away. I drove 260 miles round trip every weekend!

The other neat side of the story is that her 3 month subscription had been lapsed... and I had just rejoined again. She gets an email from eHarmony saying she can have "another month free"... she opened her profile and there I was! We'll be celebrating our 5th this May (although it hasn't been the easiest journey...)

·
Supporting Member
3,243 Posts
I met my wife on eHarmony, and I had set the controls to "within 100 miles" - - - - - but she ended up being 130 miles away. I drove 260 miles round trip every weekend!

The other neat side of the story is that her 3 month subscription had been lapsed... and I had just rejoined again. She gets an email from eHarmony saying she can have "another month free"... she opened her profile and there I was! We'll be celebrating our 5th this May (although it hasn't been the easiest journey...)
Nothing worth having is ever easy ;)

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Nothing worth having is ever easy ;)
Well, I sure had/have my work cut out for me.

Her ex-husband abused her & the kids physically and emotionally.

My 9yo step daughter HATES her dad (with a passion) and is angry with the entire world - including me.

It is NOT easy picking up the pieces that another man broke...
and trying to glue it all back together. :sigh:

I've cried more these last 5 years (shoot, just this last year!) than in my entire life up to this point. I'm living at my B-O-L cabin because she does not feel safe with any man right now - - not even me... :(

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Linc..I had abuse in my past. I took 15 years to sort it out thru therapy and EMDR. I could not have entered into this relationship in the state I was in back then. It takes IMHO a lot of personal work to overcome those trust issues. Are you at BOL because of wife or daughter? Or tell me to zip it if too personal. I had to determine what treatment I deserved and was entitled to expect from a partner before I entered the dating realm again, because it wasnt fair to me or anyone else. My heart hurts for you all..thats a heckuva rough road...I wish I could help you and share what I have learned with your family

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Wikkador, I am not basing my decision on his being on board for prepping, but on our compatibility in what is important to each of us. Honor, duty, truth, responsibility, humor and personal safety amongst others. And we enjoy the same music...lol

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Linc..I had abuse in my past. I took 15 years to sort it out ... It takes IMHO a lot of personal work to overcome those trust issues.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hate that it happens to anyone.

Are you at BOL because of wife or daughter? Or tell me to zip it if too personal.
Both, they are intertwined. One of the biggest problems is there's some lies being told by both. My wife even tells other I verbally and mentally abuse her. Sometimes its just simply because I asked why the plates are on the table and not in the sink?

She's totally into Dr. Willard Harley's "Marriage Builders" books, and uses every ounce of info to her advantage. If I even clear my throat funny and it "sounds" angry, she thinks I'm having an "angry outburst" (AO). Sometimes I just can't win.

My heart hurts for you all..thats a heckuva rough road...I wish I could help you and share what I have learned with your family
Thanks - - this has really been kickin' my butt!
I GLADLY welcome any and all good, useable advice to fix the situation. :(

So sorry about the thread Hi-Jack!
I really am happy for you! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Actually, if a guy I were dating didn't "get' the concept of prepping then there is no point in continuing to date.

The point of dating is not just to have a good time and get laid. It is to find a possible life partner to share your life and lifestyle with.
what she said. I dont get out much. justa quik trip to town (15 min) to have my 'human contact'

would love to have somebody to share the solitude with, but everybody seems to need tons of folks around.

also, I dont think its fair to subject any woman to my lifestyle. I dont have running water and heating up water (melting snow) is too labor intensive for some folks.only go grocery shopping once a month other than milk etc.

its been 30 below the last 2 mornings and I have been not going outside other than chickens and woodstove.

dating sites are strange places. the only contacts I had was a cpl ladies who were not what they proclaim.

I beleive there is someone for everyone, so why portray what you aint?

just hope mine comes around b4 i croak.:)

·
8,927 Posts
Dating site tend to be the new Hook-up tool for people.

When I met K we were both on Match.com. I met more guys on the site that were just looking for booty calls than guys really wanting to date. It seems K was the same. He was just trying to increase his credibility as a 'successful' bachelor. So don't ask me how we ended up getting married.

·
8,927 Posts
what she said. I dont get out much. justa quik trip to town (15 min) to have my 'human contact'

would love to have somebody to share the solitude with, but everybody seems to need tons of folks around.

also, I dont think its fair to subject any woman to my lifestyle. I dont have running water and heating up water (melting snow) is too labor intensive for some folks.only go grocery shopping once a month other than milk etc.

its been 30 below the last 2 mornings and I have been not going outside other than chickens and woodstove.

dating sites are strange places. the only contacts I had was a cpl ladies who were not what they proclaim.

I beleive there is someone for everyone, so why portray what you aint?

just hope mine comes around b4 i croak.:)
If I were single I'd have no problem with the way you live. I currently don't leave the house except once a week for Roo's sake. If I had things my way I'd be in the deep woods away from all people except my family.

·
Cowboy
3,568 Posts
...Both, they are intertwined. One of the biggest problems is there's some lies being told by both...."sounds" angry, she thinks I'm having an "angry outburst" (AO). ...
My wife had a physically and verbally abusive Father. For 19 years she was conditioned by him.

Even tho she's has been married to me for over 30 years her conditioned reflex is as towards her father.

She considers it unnatural (from the way she was raised) because I don't raise my voice to her. She has even told me that if I would scream at her then she'd know how to react.

Again because of her Father she has no respect for father figures and doubts their (my) motives.

Unfortunately when we went to counseling her intent was for the Counselor to back her 100%. When that didn't happen she thought it was a waste of my money for us to be counseled any further. :(

I continue to support her financially, be a gentleman and treat her as a Lady, help around the house and give her hugs and the support she allows. I take my wedding vows very seriously.

On a lighter note. I'm too old to train another (I'm joking about the training), to far pass good looking and aren't rich enough to snag another. :D

61 - 80 of 102 Posts