Curtain camoflouge!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by gypsysue, Oct 22, 2010.

1. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I used some material leftover from making curtains for our kitchen...to make a dress for my granddaughter, Hanna's 1st birthday!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I just finished it, and I'll tell you what...you haven't met all the challenges in life until you try to put sleeves in a dress for a one-year old! :D

2. dulcimerlady

dulcimerlady Member

That is precious!! Love that material too. Are those curtains covering cabinets? I've always liked that look.

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

curtains over cabinets?!!?!? you don't have any pets, do you? ;) :lolsmash:

4. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Gypsie, I've had this inkling that you are a master of all skills, now I know.

Congrats on a genuine piece of art -- one that your grandchild will appreciate, too.

Beautiful.

5. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Thanks you guys! I have to admit...I think it came out pretty cute!

Our daughter and her husband both hunt, so I know they'll appreciate the fabric of the dress! lol

Yes, those are cabinets, under the counter. Most of the cabinets in our rustic cabin have curtains instead of doors. Just kind of worked out that way!

We have a dog and a cat but the food stored in there is critter-proof. The little girl this dress is for is the one who sits on the floor and takes everything out of the cabinet!

Tomorrow's her birthday party. If I get a picture of her in the dress, I'll post it.

6. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Looking good GS ! but how did you find time to do it?... you've harvested an entire garden and dried most of it... in the last week..

Do get some BD pics !!

HB

7. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Just you wait till you have to make clothing for her Barbie-dolls :kiss:

I was probably about 7 or 8 years old when I was making doll-clothing for my baby-sister's dolls .. by the time I was 14 I was designing "simple" clothing for full-size people (well, myself) and sewing it up. It is alot of fun wearing clothing that you made yourself - and - it is more fun when someone asks where you got it from and you can say that you made it yourself. I would get the :scratch :scratch :scratch followed by a blank look many times.

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

That's cool, naekid! I used to make doll dresses to match the dresses I made my girls when they were little. They loved dressing their dolls to match themselves.

I made a few barbie clothes for my girls' barbies, and even for my own barbies when I was little, but it was a pretty sad thing! lol

The dress was a huge hit at my granddaughter's birthday party yesterday! I've already got some requests from people offering to pay if I make them.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  9. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

:2thumb: It was beautiful.

10. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Sounds like you are on your way to a new career-path! Congratulations!

11. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Here's my granddaughter in the dress, which one of the other little kids named "the moose dress", so that's what they've all been calling it! She had a hard time getting her to stay still, so she finally laid her on the floor with a bottle!
    [​IMG]
    The only standing one that isn't blurred is this next one:
    [​IMG]
    You could be right, naekid! Another site the picture is posted on keeps bringing in requests! Guess I'll be firing up the sewing machine more now! Good thing we have a working treadle sewing machine for those cloudy spells when the solar power won't keep up with the electric machine!

12. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Adorable Granddaughter! Great job on the dress. They are always in perpetual motion at that age, it makes it so hard to get a clear picture.