Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
buy plants and grow them..
I've started some from seed before but unfortunately when they were quite small I forgot them during the summer and it only took two days without water in their flat to fry them.. I do want to try again but only when I can make them a nice small peaty area that will be more suited for them.. They just did not do that well in a flat in the green house.. too warm I think.
There are different types that grow in different areas also ... like Highbush cranberries..

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
They do like a nice peaty mix.. plus do not drown them... They only flood the fields to pick them, sure they do like to be moist and in peaty loam but it is a common misconception that they like to grow in water.. all the pictures and commercials of the fields flooded really throw folks off...
As for the other types of cranberries I am sure that they are a fruiting type of "viburnums" and going to a local green house may give you the type for your area.
Plus if you do a bit of leg work there are all types of berries that grow that are not common and are very good for ya.. I know a few for up here in the North but would have to go and pick the brains of a good Texan "Red neck" friend of mine to see what he would recommend for Texas.. But I have to say we can come up with something...
But this is the busy time for me and I've been away from the computer off and on and if I don't remember this right off.. you remind me in January when the holiday season is past..

Less common fruits and berries planted around would be easily missed by zombies.. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts