Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A family is warning their community after a toddler was attacked and dragged from a trampoline by a coyote hybrid in N.C.

The coyote attacked the 3-year-old while she was jumping on a trampoline with her 6-year-old sister late Wednesday evening.

The mother tried to beat the coyote off her daighter with a bat. The folks down the road heard her yelling and came running with a gun then shot the 100 lb plus coyote.

The little girl was alright ... just a few black and blue marks. (She was very lucky IMO)

The guy on the radio called it a coyote/wolf hybrid. :dunno: I was thinking more a coy dog ... coyote dog cross ...

Then again... back about 5 or 6 years ago wolf hybrids (wolf/dog cross :gaah:) was all the rage. Everone wanted one ... (not me but ...)

I think I will start packing around the farm ... Now a-days if it's not the 2 legged critters, it's the 4 legged ones.

Just food for thought ... one never knows.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
If I'm going out to walk the property I rarely leave the house without the .22. We have lots of fox and coyote that make great target practice if you see them out during the day.

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
I live 3 miles from town on the state highway..last thursday my neighbor called me and said that at 7:30 pm she looked over to my pasture and a large cougar was standing there staring across the road at her house ( she has little dogs) This is right behind our shop and at 7:30 pm it is still like daylight . I won't go out now in the dark until this cat is gone. 2 years ago the took 5 cats out from the area that were hanging around the school about 4 miles from us. This explains why I haven't been hearing coyotes lately...gulp:eek:

·
Registered
532 Posts
The folks down the road heard her yelling and came running with a gun then shot the 100 lb plus coyote.

The little girl was alright ... just a few black and blue marks. (She was very lucky IMO)

The guy on the radio called it a coyote/wolf hybrid. :dunno: I was thinking more a coy dog ... coyote dog cross ...

Then again... back about 5 or 6 years ago wolf hybrids (wolf/dog cross :gaah:) was all the rage. Everone wanted one ... (not me but ...)

My son has a coy but she was a pup from his dog. We didn't realize it until she was a couple of months old. She is the best dog with his two girls But a wolf hybrid....never!!

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
We have panthers here.one of the sheriff had 2 very large ,well trained german shepards killed by a panther several years ago.He said those dogs were torn to pieces.

Kill a Florida panther and get in serious trouble.

It is a bad thing when they lose their habitat though. I feel for them too.They keep down other animals that cause problems if they multiply too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts