Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Bout this en offin ebay couple years ago, works well fer makin corn meal. Ain't fine enough fer flour though. Price was right.

·
95 Posts
Bout this en offin ebay couple years ago, works well fer makin corn meal. Ain't fine enough fer flour though. Price was right.

I bought one just like it I think with shipping it cost me $20-25 dollars. Makes wonderful cornmeal but like OldCoot said not fine enough for flour. Works on coffee beans too. After the move couldn't find the coffee grinder so I used this and well it didn't grind it fine like the coffee grinder but it was good enough for coffee. I actually used the ground beans twice.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts

·
Banned
2,601 Posts
Try Lehmans they have alot of old timey stuff, a little pricey but good products

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Mine is like that, with the short hopper, painted bright red and "made in Mexico". The quality isn't good, but I paid about $22 - shipped!

I should probably pay a bit more and try to find a nicer made one.

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Here ya go.
$300 for a 42 inch roller mill is a steal.
When new, that sucker is over 5 Grand.

I bought one with the same diameter rollers, but the rollers are only 8 inches long. Much more sized for small scale use. I now need an "oat huller" so I can make my own oatmeal!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I can see that. I tried to delete that stupid question as soon as I posted it and I thought I had. It was just one of those old fart moments.

What kind of corn would any of you buy to grind.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
I never compared the volume, but since whole grain corn has so many "spaces" between kernels I can't imagine the volume changing much.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts