Congress and the TSA

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by UncleJoe, Jan 10, 2011.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

House Dem calls for 'beefed up' security, special treatment for members by TSA - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

House Dem calls for 'beefed up' security, special treatment for members by TSA

A top House Democrat said the attack on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) should change how members of Congress are screened at airports.

“I really believe that that is the place where we feel the most ill at ease, is going through airports,” Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.), who serves as assistant minority leader in the House, said on "Fox News Sunday."

Clyburn called for the Transportation Security Administration, which administers airport security checkpoints, to interact “a little better” with the Capitol Hill Police.

“We’ve had some incidents where TSA authorities think that congresspeople should be treated like everybody else,” he said. “Well, the fact of the matter is, we are held to a higher standard in so many other areas, and I think we need to take a hard look at exactly how the TSA interact with members of Congress.”

Isn't that just like Congress, make rules for everyone but the rule makers. :gaah:

2. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

They should be treated just like anybody else, they ain't no better then the rest a us, they just beleive they are.

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

they make enough money to fly their own planes or charter them, I even don't have a problem with tax $$$ being spent on that, as long as it is actual govt work being done AND it is mission critical personel only (ie NO 747s for ONE congressperson :rolleyes: ) the problem isn't that govt 'spends tax dollars' everybody over the age of five knows THAT is how a govt works... the problem is that govt spends dollars STUPIDLY

4. thunderdan19

thunderdan19 Shoots to Thrill

Cavity searches for everybody!!! :D

5. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNcmHv3V2Kc]YouTube - 'My First Cavity Search' found on TSA Computer.[/ame]

Nuff said!

The bassturds wouldn't let me wear my FEMA-issue nuclear radiation dosimeter during the scan... probly so them fraggits wouldn't get a blocked view of my "junk".

When I objected, they threatend not to let me fly... -I've seen a lawyer about this.

There is a paper-thin dosimeter you can get to put in your pocket, - I'd like to get a campaign going to have people wear them through the scanners and turn them in to a lab for a class-action suit. Particularly if they are frequent fliers and are racking up a lot of Rads per year...

Cancer is just a flight or two away...

- Basey

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  6. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

If it's a concern I've seen a few wrist watch type dosimeters on ebay lately.

7. vn6869

vn6869 Afraid, very afraid

Yes, like them and their staffs not having to repay student loans, exempting themselves from Obamacare, and on and on. :p
    Why should they be treated like us peons? They are royalty don't you know. :mad:

8. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Royalty, eh......?
    So intead of hanging the barstages, we can introduce them to Mademoisell Le Guillotine! :2thumb:

As for the Gestapo.... uh.... TSA jackboots - starve them out - STOP flying. Put them out of a job.