Prepared Society Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations to all of you who went out to vote yesterday and who let everyone know what the path out of this economic crisis should be.

Thank you,

V.

·
Shoots to Thrill
125 Posts
Too bad Harry Reid is tougher to exterminate than a cockroach infestation...

Oh well, it was a good start last night, and may slow our country's deterioration for now.

I gotta say, Rand Paul talks a good game at least. Let's hope he gets up there and can actually do some good.

Let's also hope the GOP got the message that moderation is not what the American people want. Turn the ship around or get out.

·
Shoots to Thrill
125 Posts
A lot was said about that last night. The GOP will have the fire under their backsides at least through the next election cycle if they want to continue to retake the guvment, so they will do everything they can to draw back and/or neuter all the crap this past congress passed. They will also do whatever they can to make the President have to veto what they send up so they will have a record of their attempts to "fix" things and he will have a record of standing in the way of that.

·
a dude
654 Posts
...meet the new boss...
...same as the old boss.
"Nothing to see here...move along.":gaah:
I never have understood that perspective.

One party wants to bring us a state income tax, the other doesn't. That's a huge difference.

One party wants to hold sex offenders and violent criminals accountable to the max, the other doesn't.

One party taxed our water, soda, and the other doesn't want that.

How is that the same?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I never have understood that perspective.

One party wants to bring us a state income tax, the other doesn't. That's a huge difference.

One party wants to hold sex offenders and violent criminals accountable to the max, the other doesn't.

One party taxed our water, soda, and the other doesn't want that.

How is that the same?
It was Albert Einstein who said; "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".

The facts are that regardless of which political party is "in power", the result is negative for the people. Case in point, it was the on the watch of G.O.P President G.W. Bush that the bank bailout was stuffed down the throats of the American people... the idiocy was continued and compounded under the present administration; it was under the watch of G.O.P. President G.W. Bush that the "Patriot Act" was foisted on the American people, (this protected us all by the pretty colors of the threat level and air travelers were made safe from berserk grannies with knitting needles)... the idiocy was continued and compounded by Obama.

The bottom line here is that as far back as Abraham Lincoln (R) NEITHER party has given much respect to the Constitution of the United States, (Lincoln suspended Habeus Corpus and freedom of the press), the Constitution has been of little consequence to Presidents Wilson(D); F.D. Roosevelt(D); Johnson(D); Nixon(R); Reagan(R) and Clinton(D) to name the most egregious.

So, I stand by my earlier statement; "Meet the new boss...same as the old boss." I'm willing to be proven wrong but I don;t hold out much hope.:mad:

·
a dude
654 Posts
In my state the Republicans moved the 3 strikes law for violent offender forward. This locked in many offenders who'd otherwise be back out. The Democrats blocked much of the 2 strikes for sex offenders. There's a huge difference in that.

If you don't think there's a difference, put your money where your mouth is.

Send in the money difference between what you get for the Bush tax cut and the level Obama wants to take.

If you don't do that, the opinion both parties are the same is utter pap.

·
Registered
308 Posts
In my state the Republicans moved the 3 strikes law for violent offender forward. This locked in many offenders who'd otherwise be back out. The Democrats blocked much of the 2 strikes for sex offenders. There's a huge difference in that.

If you don't think there's a difference, put your money where your mouth is.

Send in the money difference between what you get for the Bush tax cut and the level Obama wants to take.

If you don't do that, the opinion both parties are the same is utter pap.
S&T
Since this is a survival group and not a political discussion group, I will make this my last response on the issue.

Since you have no idea of my background or what I may or may not have done, you are in no position to judge what I believe based on my own experiences. If you truly believe that the two parties are anything but opposite sides of the same counterfeit coin, I wish you well.

I have lived through 12 Presidents so far. I have lived through Democrat administrations and Republican administrations and life has taught me that the only difference between the two is the speed at which they proceed to take us to hell in a handbasket... the destination is still the same. To take a quote from the 1980's movie "War Games"; "what a strange game... the only way to win is not to play."

In my opinion, we have reached the point where the Republic, as it was created and intended by the Founding Fathers is lost. The Constitution has become, to the majority of "citizens" as curious and archaic as the Magna Carta.

You may choose to continue rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. For my part, I will do what I can to starve the beast, continue to prep for as much time as remains and continue to "go Galt".:wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.