ConcealedCarry citizen being harassed by Ohio police officer

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by NaeKid, Aug 4, 2011.

1. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I was shown this video on another site that I am on ... is this a "normal" reaction from a cop when he finds out that someone has their CCW and is legally carrying a weapon of any sort?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsqdlC_tHrY]‪Police Officer threatens & arrests CCW holder‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

2. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Wow. There are all SORTS of things wrong with the way they handled that. Or perhaps I should say, they did a lot of things that I was trained never to do.

First off, they should have called in the tag before getting out of their patrol car. That would have prevented the whole thing, as it would have come back immediately that he had a CCW permit.

There's really just too much to get in to. Suffice it to say, that is not the way it is supposed to happen.

I can understand the officer getting upset, as officer safety is always your primary concern during a high-risk stop. However, the whole thing was just bad.

The surprising thing here is that Ohio is pretty famous for having a very hardcore training program for their police officers. I can't imagine what caused that officer to ignore his traiining, but it's not pretty.

3. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

An they wonder why people don't like er trust cops? Perfect example of a feller what got no business wearin a uniform. I'd like ta think he no longer be on the force fer makin the threats he did. At a minimum needs retrainin an anger management.

Not all of em er like that idiot, but there the ones what get the publicity an make it tough fer the cop just doin his job er the citizen in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We got a few like him round here. Somethin bad gonna happen one these days.

4. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

I saw this a week or so ago. Canton is not that far from me. I thought I read a follow up that said the officer has been relieved of duty. This officer is just plain a lunatic! He should have been charged himself for making threats! As a CCW holder in Ohio this sure does make me nervous!

5. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

Im gonna take this on a different angle. The cop already had dealt with one of the other parties and he continued to dissobey the cops order. The guy did have plenty of time to state he had a weapon on him. This is a direct threat to the cops life. I dont blame him for getting pissed off. The threats were unnecessary and he should have just left it at that and done his job. His comments makes me think that hes probably got issues with excessive force.

Know that a cop needs to get home each night. They take everything seriously and will not be beat, that is how they survive. Cop deaths by guns are on the rise. He had every right to be pissed. That guy didnt say a word until he was toe to toe.

6. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

I am a cop. So, please believe that I know exactly what angle from which you are approaching this.

When I first saw this headline, I immediately thought, "great. I'm gonna have to explain this dude's actions and defend him". However, upon viewing the video, I cannot defend his actions, as they where unwise and inappropriate at the very least, stupid, dangerous and irresponsible at worst.

7. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

This made me so GD mad

I too am a former LEO , and if this a$$hole is still working the streets then there is no justice, he needs to be bounced for incompetence and for violating the guys civil rights.. and he needs to be checked for drugs! for sure Steroid abuse he is the kind of AH who gets "good" cops killed I would have filed charges on him myself if I were his partner...

There is not one excuse for his actions...not one!..the driver tried to tell them he was packing..the cop told him to shut his mouth.. he was holding the CCW permit in his hands when he was removed from the car...

This Dipsh&t cop made more mistakes in 8 minutes then any I've ever seen.. he will be lucky to not be killed within a year...god help his partner...

I don't care how many of you guys are or have been LEO's there is no excuse for this fool to be wearing a badge.. one more reason for me to not go to Ohio...

I for one am sick and tired of the militarization of our LEO's... needs to stop...witness the many killings of citizens.. lately...

8. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

The biggest threat to that cop's life, & his partner's, is his mouth & apparent inability to control it. The only reason he or his partner are alive today is because that guy wasn't a murderer & had the ability to control his emotions. Period. It definately wasn't because of either of those cops stellar police work. That cop did everything in his power to escalate the situation & seemed shocked that someone was armed & didn't announce it, but had the audacity to call the CC guy stupid!?! :scratch

9. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

10. BillM

BillM BillM

Not a typical cop

This officer is not typical. He made very unacceptable tactical mistakes to go along with his foul mouth and violation of the victums Constitutional rights.

I would not have ridden one shift with this officer and would have pulled him off the suspect by force if nesicary.

Bill M
    Former Deputy Sheriff

11. HozayBuck

Still steamed

This thing is still pissing me off... after thinking about it I've decided this guy's partner is scared of him.. he never hardly opens his mouth and tries to stay off camera as much as poss.. the streets are full of people who would gladly blow his head off at a street light some night..to bad it might take his partner too...

I'm glad I got out of LE many years ago, I've watched the Fed turning cops into JBT's for years.. Waco and Ruby Ridge started it and it's only getting worse by the day... Well in truth the BATF was out of control years before Waco... and they are worse today... all this SWAT crap is getting out of hand.. why is it you never see a video of this when a car load of gang bangers get pulled over?? discretion on the cops part?

OK rant over.... till next time...:gaah:

12. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

From what I heard the guy "did try to tell the cop he had a cw" ... but the cop would not let him speak.

More times than not, I stand with the cop ... but not this time.

13. NaeKid

Ok - I am glad to know that the one officer was out of line and that it is not a normal occurance. To me, it seemed like the officer was fishing for trouble and was looking for someone to lay a beating on - the driver of the car was not taking the bait. I think that the driver of the car should be given some serious kudos for keeping his temper intact ... maybe the two should swap jobs - turn the car-driver into a police officer and the police officer into a taxi-driver ...

:dunno:

14. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

That cop should do jail time. His hyper-aggressive roid-rage behavior should constitute abuse of power, terroristic threats and more.

That cop is more dangerous to the pubic than an armed robber, because he has a gun, a badge, the authority to use both and according to his own statements on the tape, he was willing to shoot the driver and set the scene as a justifiable action.

Yup. The dude needs serious jail time.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  15. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

On the plus side...

Nice to see that there are so many current and former LEOs on this site. :)

I hate to critique another officer's actions, but in this case, this dude needs to have someone sit him down and figure out what in the hell is wrong with him. There are simply too many dangerous factors here to ignore them. I can't see him keeping his badge, but who knows?

16. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

I agree! That's the same thought I had.

17. NaeKid

I have since "heard" that the LEO is on leave and that the guy from the car has started a law-suit against the LEO. Also heard that there is some kind of plea-bargaining between the police-union and the lawyers to try to come to some kind of middle-ground-agreement - charges being dropped against both parties.

So far, it looks like the car-driver is not willing to back down on his lawsuit because he feels that the LEO should be punished fully-n-completely for his actions and the LEO would not be punished properly if there is some kind of plea-bargain entered.

There is more infomation located on the website listed at the end of that YouTube video if anyone wants to check into it.

18. HozayBuck

No badge..No gun...and about 500 hours of anger management...plus probation for a couple of years.. after passing all that then maybe he can retry " Serving and Protecting" the citizens..

I have a box of donuts and a cold cuppa coffee to bet he can't do iit!....

19. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Hozay, you and I usually agree on these things, but I gotta diasgree wth you on this one.

That cop should never carry a badge again, and he should never be able to legally own or carry a firearm, IMHO.

20. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

The cop was out of hand, maybe his day was awefull and he took it out on these guys, or maybe he is just always like this. Everyone has acted inaproprietly at one time or another. Doesnt mean sue him take his job and throw him in the slammer. Our society let OJ go and this last baby killing mother too but would love to destroy a cop at any given time.

I prefer to know more about the person before deciding their fate. I know people like this at almost every job Iv ever worked at. Nobody ever said a word about it. But a cop acts that way and everyone wants his head. Yes cops need to set an example but so does everyone else. Society is getting ruthless and nasty and in turn so are the cops.

Think about the last time you called in a cops supervisor for his professionalism or the fact he helped change your grandmas tire on the side of the road. but if he has a bad day and acts unprofessional then people want law suits and firings.

Im just sick of all this. Dont get me wrong, I agree in this incident the cop acted innaproprietly and could have handled the situation much differently.