Comments to topics

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by sailaway, Oct 11, 2009.

1. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Is there anything that can be done to police where people post on threads. I have read where people introduce themselves at threads cother than the welcome threrad. On the thread I started on orienteering Ashushash has made a very first comment and asked how to burn cd's mp3's and the like. This should be moved to some other area.:confused:

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Many times those responses are a spammers way to "test" the systems auto-spam kill settings. If you notice something that seems way out of place, please use the ReportPost button and when you put in the reason for reporting it, state something along the lines of "intro thread in existing thread that has nothing to do with OriginalPost. Possible spam" ... but go ahead and word it anyway that you like.

When you hit the submit button, the thread and post are then direct linked so that I can see the thread instantly and your comments about the thread are also there for me to read. At that point, I will understand why you reported it and then can take care of it easier.