Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the left is scared crapless of the tea party thing. After trying to ignor them, that didn't work, try to make them look look a bunch of extream right winger's that didn't work. So they have started their own little thing called the coffee party. I yahooed it and got no web site for it, seen a peice on tv about it and it's made out to be a choice away from the tea party thing. I think they are desperate to draw some base back that are not satisfied right now. We will see more on it as it morf's out maybe. If ya know something about it or are considering it, give a hollar and comment. I just don't know much about it yet.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
They probably don't even have good coffee.
Well if they add enough sweetener and cream to it they can handle it :D of course it then becomes something else...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here's my theory/ Opinion ...

The Tea and coffee party we see are being manipulated by the two party system Dems/ Republicans. There's no interest by theses two entities to give rise to any other political party yet clearly there is strong voter dissatisfaction.

The things that really matter in this crazy country is ...that we pay close attention to what elected officials do NOT what they say or their party affiliation. as citizens we need to hold all of them accountable for what has and is happening to this country. Don't let them alienate and label us as Conservative or Liberal in order to fuel our fear and hatred thereby shutting down our dialog because it's only going to keep us where we are.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I like coffee. Black is good cream and sugar is good. The fact that its coffee is good. This movement thing I am unclear of but we will see.
I usually drink mine black, occasionally with cream, never with sugar. Not even espresso or turkish coffee.

As for the coffee party, I just sort of shook my head when I first heard reference to it. I found it humorous that the "tea party" was a reference to the Boston Tea Party, but those wanting to create opposition couldn't think of anything more clever. :dunno:

I do agree with pdx210 that we need to have dialogue to progress. I think if we weren't so busy being acerbic toward one another we could probably at least find a little common ground. I believe more and more that the political elite prefer there not be common ground, thereby keeping us in check.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I usually drink mine black, occasionally with cream, never with sugar. Not even espresso or turkish coffee.

As for the coffee party, I just sort of shook my head when I first heard reference to it. I found it humorous that the "tea party" was a reference to the Boston Tea Party, but those wanting to create opposition couldn't think of anything more clever. :dunno:

I do agree with pdx210 that we need to have dialogue to progress. I think if we weren't so busy being acerbic toward one another we could probably at least find a little common ground. I believe more and more that the political elite prefer there not be common ground, thereby keeping us in check.
Well Doc, look at it this way...The Dim-O -Craps see the 13 + million Illegals as future Dim-O Crap voters, and like them, Coffee mostly comes from South of our Border... see? makes sense if you smoke enough Crayolas..no?...:D

Joking aside, I see the GOP trying to act as the big brothers to the Tea Party folks, and while I've been a GOP voter for 46 years, usually because there was no choice except some liberal Dim-O -Crap ... I voted for Ross P. because I believed in him, and ion so doing I helped Willy the Weasel get into office.
I voted for Palin, not for whatzhizname..
This time around I'm voting for the tea party candidate, even if it cuts of my nose to spite well you know...

I'm just sick and tired of always voting against somebody instead of voting for somebody.

I figure we will be in a very Un-Civil war pretty soon anyway.

I see no way around it, the Dimo's have shown they will screw us regardless of what we The People say and want, they figure we have such short memory's that even if they lose now we will forget in a few years... Well I won't !

Today the Social Security Admin told the Congress they need to start paying back the IOU's for the $$ they took out of the SS fund... sooner or later the check's won't be in the mail...then the S will truly HTF...

Oh well..I do wonder off track!!

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Today the Social Security Admin told the Congress they need to start paying back the IOU's for the $$ they took out of the SS fund... sooner or later the check's won't be in the mail...then the S will truly HTF...

Oh well..I do wonder off track!!
I read that in the news a few days ago .. that the government of the USA was stealing from Peter to pay Paul .. and now Peter wants his money back. The government of the USA will need to "borrow, beg or steal" money to pay the IOU's owed to the OldAgePension funds that they have been dipping into for 40 - 50 years ..

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
well all coffee jokes aside (seriously, can you really come up with anything better than tea-bagging?) I think it's interesting the dichotomy that's developing here.

grass roots movements vs. grass roots movements, but they're both on the national stage so are they really still grass roots movements?

I think the whole thing is a d*ck measuring contest to see who can get the most people to say "WE ARE AMERICA LISTEN TO US" but America is more than just red and blue, more than Fox or MSNBC, more than tea or coffee. But then of course I guess that isn't profitable...here's an idea, maybe the grass roots movements are really secretly run posterboard and sharpie companies?

I dunno, from what I've seen and
it would seem that a group based around bringing people together to discuss their differences, i.e. the coffee sphere, would seem a bit more legitimate...

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
As a side note here's the pledge you sign when you join Coffee Party

As a member or supporter of the Coffee Party, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
THOSE FOOLS! :gaah:

(as an even further side note, WHAT ARE THESE SMILIES DOING TO EARTH?!:earthhug:lol)

·
Woodchuck
3,347 Posts
I don’t get into politics or religion discussions on boards but I’ll just put my nickel in on this one.

I didn’t watch the news when the ‘tea bagging’ report took place on the evening news while describing the tea party. It did make me think that someone in power was a bit scared of the movement to have to stoop so low as that. I mean come on, bashing a movement by comparing it to something like that? Again, I did not first hand witness or hear it but it disgusts me if that is what they were saying. Good thing I gave up watching the MSM years ago. Then, career politicians started jumping on the tea party bandwagon. Hrmmm… maybe some money to be made here?

First I am hearing of the coffee party but if true, the powers that are really in charge are looking for a way to disband the movement by diluting it. Divide and conquer type of attack. The more folks they get away from the original movement the less power it will have. Someone is really worried and looking to put this down before it gets out of hand. Makes me feel that if they don’t like it, maybe it is a good thing for us.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WE ARE NOT A DEMORACY DANGIT! Even those idiot's in washington think we are a demoracy. We are a republic or suposed to be anyway, limitted federal goverment period. What the crap is happening to this country. I don't like, no sir i don't like it at all. In the end, yep they are all outa slickem in DC. bend over america here come's your chosen leader.

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
WE ARE NOT A DEMORACY DANGIT! Even those idiot's in washington think we are a demoracy. We are a republic or suposed to be anyway, limitted federal goverment period. What the crap is happening to this country. I don't like, no sir i don't like it at all. In the end, yep they are all outa slickem in DC. bend over america here come's your chosen leader.
Very common thing to hear, but are we even really a republic? Who elects the Electoral College? Who elects the Supreme Court? Who elects the Secretary of the Air Force, Army, etc.? Sure it makes sense that "we elect the people they elect so those people should be representative of our ideals" but the idea that popularity dictates position is highly overrated.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I am recently converted from being a Dim-O -Crap to a libertarian due to my disgust with both parties. The only comment I have on the tea party is why is that every news story I hear on them from both right and left media sources i.e. Fox and NRP, etc. talks about getting back to what our country was founded on by the founding fathers, but then brings "god" i.e. Christianity into the picture when our country was founded on having religion and state be entirely separate.

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
I am recently converted from being a Dim-O -Crap to a libertarian due to my disgust with both parties. The only comment I have on the tea party is why is that every news story I hear on them from both right and left media sources i.e. Fox and NRP, etc. talks about getting back to what our country was founded on by the founding fathers, but then brings "god" i.e. Christianity into the picture when our country was founded on having religion and state be entirely separate.
Our country was "founded" in a large part initially by those seeking relief from persecution for their religious beliefs. Our nation was shaped by Christian faith and standards. The so-called "separation of church and state" was put there to protect the church from governmental interference. Remember, the reason the early settlers came here...because of government persecution for their faith. We are not a theocracy (thank God!). But no one can deny the role religion played in the founding and nurturing of this nation.

The desire to return to those values is not so much a desire for everyone to worship the same as it is to return to the foundational principles and moral attributes of personal responsibility, honesty, moral lifestyles, integrity and other traits directly associated with our Christian heritage.

I'll admit we've fallen far short of this goal throughout the history of mankind but the fact is that they were the standard by which behavior and relationships were measured until recently. The truth of the matter is that societies function best when these Christian ideals are lived and upheld.

When I say I'd like to return to our core values (Christian heritage) it doesn't mean that I want a theocracy but I would like to live in a society where my money isn't taken with the threat of force (the IRS) to be distributed as others see fit to reward people who won't work or exercise personal responsibility. I'd like to see a society where opportunity is there for all yet a man can keep what he has earned with his own sweat. Where he is free to make choices as long as they don't harm others and free to own land without fearing the government will take it from him. Where he may freely speak his opinions without being fired, fined or jailed for "offending" others. Where the the government is subject to the people instead of the people being subjects of the government.

What many people don't realize is that the Christian foundation of our nation has given them more opportunity in the past than any other nation on earth. And these are the same people who fear returning to those roots. You cannot separate the core beliefs of a people from the people's actions. A people without morality will have a nation without morality. A people with a tyrannical world-view (as most liberals have) will live under tyranny.

If you can find a non-Christian society or people that is better than ours I'd like to know about it.

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
The original Plymouth settlers were very religious, but saying they're "christian" in the sense that we use it today is incorrect. They'd burn you on a stake if they thought you were a witch, or mark you with a big A if you liked it in the...well I don't need to go into that.

The point is they were very religious, but future settlements weren't developed as religious outposts. Jamestown's residents were poisoned with the "flux" on the way over because the religious powers that be didn't want catholic/anglo mixing with non-christians.

The reason they worshiped God back then was because they knew quite literally nothing about science. Explaining things with "The Will of The Lord" is going to inspire more followers if the other guy thinks we came from mud. Oddly enough they're the same person in this case :ignore:

but wow this will open up a can of worm's

1 - 20 of 32 Posts