The medical name for clove oil is 'eugenol' and is 1/2 of of 'IRM Intermediate Restorative Material' when combined with zinc oxide powder to form a temporary dental cement.
It is toxic to the tooth pulp, and thus use is discouraged in the routine setting, as there is a small chance the tooth can be saved with exposed pulp if care is immediate. In a disaster setting that is irrelevant and the tooth will ultimately need a root canal or pulled, depending on severity of damage, infection in the roots, etc.
Apply as needed for pain control in a disaster setting. A small cotton pellet soaked in eugenol and swabbed over the pain site works well. It is short acting and will need reapplication frequently.
The vapors WILL get out of the most tightly sealed bottle, so keep it inside several layers of container & away from food.
There are 'spice tree' relatives around the world, with a high concentration of related compounds in the bark. As noted it can be used as a fish paralytic...