Civil war 2..a review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by HozayBuck, Apr 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Ok I finished this book, in it the author push's the argument of a future break up the US into 3 areas, divided by race, the Blacks will take over the old Southern states, the Mexicans will take 90% of Texas ( I'm right on the border of the Black and Mexican nations :D ) and all on NM and AZ as well as 75 % of CA, according to him Bunker Bob , your in deep dodo...

He wrote this in 96 and figured 20 years warning time, and I have to say a lot of his predictions are right on time..

He seems to know a great deal about his subject , but he lost me at the end with his advice about weapons... his advised more or less was buy a rifle, a semi auto, in a current Mil spec round ( 223 or 308 he seems to discount the 7.62x39 ??) and advises that you buy one with no paper trail..ok I can buy that... but then go's into a spaz of.. don't ever keep a gun in your home!! it's to dangerous, guns should never be in your home, you will probably shoot yourself or a family member... HUH?... his idea is you bury it, way away from your home, someplace with no relationship to you... AND !! take it apart a bury the parts in different places ... then he goes into how many times he almost been shot by accident by other people.... I'm 67 years old, I got my first gun at age 4, a Red Rider bb gun with which I did manage to not shoot my eye out but I did shoot my cuz Stanly in the *** which got my *** beat, I've fired a shot off in the house after a friend loaded my 22 and then I picked it up and shot my Mom's coffee table ( nuther story!! :D ) that's it, I've heard of bad things but never witnessed one.... point is, the guy has his political thoughts in good order or so it seems but knows jack chit about weapons which is not uncommon...

I'd have to say that over all there is something to what he says.. and a lot of it has happened in the 14 years since he wrote this...

This is not a gun book, it is about what we talk about in here( SHTF) and I'll admit I'm not smart enough to counter anything he says outside of his lack of gun sense...

SO !! here's my offer, If any of you want to read this I will send it to one of you, but ya gotta read it and then give a review of it from your point of view... then pass it on to the next person who wants to read it... a traveling library so to speak... all each will be out is the cost of shipping it on to the next person, addresses can be exchanged via PM's...

Up to yawl, and if this works I'm willing to cont. it with any other books I think might be worth reading to some of you.

First come first serve!
    HB

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. TimB

TimB Member

HB, you have a PM. ;)
    Sounds very interesting. One thing I can say is- if anyone tries to take over the southern states, they are in for a heckuva hard time. :D I sincerely hope and pray it never comes to that, but a lot of things say it's coming. :(

Tim

3. HozayBuck

I agree! I've been so blown away at the number of people who read this offer and your the only one who wanted to read the book... guess being on the net eats into reading time..

Enjoy...

HB

4. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I am waiting till it gets closer to Canada before putting my name into the pot ..

5. TimB

TimB Member

Postage wouldn't be that much to Canada, would it? And it saves something to mark it "gift", right?

Tim

6. HozayBuck

Tell the post office types it's books, they have the cheapest rate....and it's a big diff!! I sent 3 thick books to a buddy for about 3.00 or so, sent a 8 oz package to a friend...almost 8.00..the books cost me over 30.00... to buy, what I sent to my friend was 4.95 jar of herbal tea.. chit!!

7. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I have patience ... the house is in pack-up mode right now so it probably wouldn't be a good thing to have anything else here for the next little while.

8. HozayBuck

running away from home? she kicking you out? who gets the Jeeps?...

9. bananagoatgruff

bananagoatgruff Junior Member

civil war 2

Don't think the south will lose the second go round. folks are still pissed off about it down here and blame the first loss for the mess we are in now. as for guns in the house. I was raised in a house with loaded guns. I don't know why but all my friends were too. Never remember any accidents either. My dad taught me to treat all guns as if they were loaded and never point one at something unless you intended to kill it. My dad also use to say an unloaded gun never saved anybody's life. I do agree that .223 and .308 are they way to go because they are nato rounds and you can get bulk cheap ammo. But as for my joke about the south losing again. you cannot defend yourself against law enforcement and military. They will win. Turn over your weapons. You can defend your food and family for awhile from marauders. I am putting my money into .22 rounds. we are headed for the deep woods and you can shoot anything with a .22 and you can defend yourself to some degree with a .22
    I don't expect to have to defend myself from much just find food and survive until the chaos is over. hopefully no more than a year. :wave:

10. SurvivalNut

SurvivalNut Retired Army

11. HozayBuck

Well damn!! and I bought it and paid shipping!! chit!...

12. Necred

Necred Well-Known Member

I agree Tim, if its by force as with War of northern Aggression, however,
    with the rate of muslim growth, we will be out voted maybe before im deceased.

13. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

if anyone tries to take over the southern states, they are in for a heckuva hard time
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL...especially here in Kentucky...I heard target practice is so regular in these parts, if a California import calls the sheriff complaining, heck, he just brings ammo and joins in!!!:2thumb:

14. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

We must be kindred spirits...It seems I always get the wrong end of the stick too!!!:(

But, don't get too excited--I was reading an online book about 'the day after'??? I forgot the title and they took it offline!!

15. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

I prefer a hard copy myself,I can't live in front of a computer 24/7

ever read one second after or the road?if you get both,read them in that order.one second after is like a preface to the road.

16. Cw ii

I read this book about 10 years ago, and I agree with others that he has made some close predictions.

However - I was thrown by his pro-gun / anti-gun ending.

Overall, worth the short read.

17. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

Reminds me of when we were out near rockcastle county target practicing with about 7 people. (we probably when through 2000 rounds in 3 hours) And some lady in a van told us we were bothering her. Lets just say we didnt slow down.;)

18. Defender12

Defender12 New Member

I bought the book back when it first came out. Back then alot of it seemed far fetched and to the point of weird.Every year that goes by,you can't help but wonder if this dude has a crystal ball .I think his time line is off.It seems like things are going alot faster.

19. CH0PSV1LLE

CH0PSV1LLE Member

haven't read the book and from the sound of it, I don't want to waste my time. If anything the next civil war is going to be between classes. The rich against the poor- the haves vs the have nots. Race will factor into it some what but I think being color blind would be a good survival skill to have.

20. VUnder

VUnder Well-Known Member

Have you ever lived in the south?